Friday, March 17, 2017

Week Eleven: Unhinged: Fhei IV

 Sparks flew as a command was entered into the system. Stepping back, Fhei’s father assured little Fhei that everything was going to be okay. Feeling a surge run through her body, little Fhei hasped, as a green flash appeared on the screen in front of her father’s colleague.

 “Well, will you look that.” Her father’s colleague grinned. “It looks like we have a match.”

 Excited, Fhei’s father jumped and clapped in joy. “My beloved!” He exclaimed. “It looks like you’re a mythic!” He exclaimed in ecstaticness.

 Uncomfortable, little Fhei shuffled. “Daddy, it makes my head hurt.” She complained. “Make the ring go away.”

 “Ring?” His colleague questioned. “So far we’ve only had certain types of mythics but none of them have complained about a ‘ringing’.” He commented. “Maybe your daughter is a new mythic?” He suggested.

 Shaking his head, Fhei’s father sighed. “If any of the kids get hurt, Lydia will have my head.We have to stop this experiment.” He sighed.

 “Understood.” The colleague said as he reached for the keys to punch in another command. As sparks flew from the keypad, his colleague jolted back. “Looks like we have a problem, Gideon.” He exclaimed.

 Carefully and quickly, Gideon reach for the headset that was placed on his daughter's head. Getting zapped, Gideon backed away and shielded her other two children. In pain, little Fhei let out a scream and attempted to rip off the headset, only to send more sparks flying.

 Fhei watched as the younger het tried to rustle out of the hands of the technology, only to make a discovery about herself.

 “Make it stop, Daddy!” She yelled on top of her lungs.

 “I would if I could, Love, but the tech is reacting to you and your abilities as a mythic!” He exclaimed.

 “Think of the first animal you’d want to be!” Exclaimed the colleague. “Think about how cool it would be to be a mermaid or something!” He suggested. .

 “Okay!” She shouted, over the siren that had triggered from the device.

 “It’s overloading!” Shouted the colleague. :”I’ll stay here with her, you take your sons out of here!” The colleague exclaimed.

 “No!” Gideon shouted. “You take my boys, I have to stay with my, baby.” He expressed. “If she gets hurt, I need to be here with her.”

 “The tech is malfunctioning!” His colleague shouted. “Are you sure?”!

 “Yes!” He shouted as he ushered the two boys and his colleague towards the door. “She can’t go through this alone, this was my idea in the first place!” He exclaimed. “Keep those two safe!” He said as he turned to see a pitch blackness appear next to little Fhei.

 Amused, but also concerned, her father walked up to it and gasped as he realized that the little dots decorating the pitch back were stars.

 “Love!” He exclaimed. “Can you hear me?”! He shouted, right in her face.

 “Daddy, the world’s so far away. I want to go home, please!” She shouted.

 “Yes, Love, I’ll let you go home!” He exclaimed. “All we have to do is unhook you and then we can go home, to mommy,” He shouted.

 Reaching for the headgear, Fhei’s father tugged and drew back as a vortex appear around his child. Shielding himself, he turned in time to see a vortex open up and showed a picture of Fhei’s mother. She was singing to a favorite band of hers and getting dinner ready.

 “Mommy?” Little Fhei asked with her eyes closed. “Daddy, make it stop so we can go see Mommy.” She exclaimed and began to cry.

 Turning, Fhei’s mother stared bewildered. “Gideon?” She mouthed as she put the knife down from cutting vegetables. Mouthing a question, she stepped towards the two.

 “Love, don’t come any closer!” Fhei’s father exclaimed. “Once I get our daughter out of this I’ll make sure that I never do this to our children again!” He shouted.

 “I can hear you?”! She exclaimed in curiosity as she placed her hand on what seemed to be the barrier between the two’s location. :What’s going on, Gideon?”! She shouted. “I’m at home. You should be-”

 “I am! I’m at work! I told you I’d take the kids and see if they were mythics but this is COMPLETELY different!” He exclaimed. “I’m not sure what our daughter is doing but it’s overriding our systems, Love.”

 “You mean, my baby’s in danger.” She yelled back. “Gideon, I swear!” She yelled, stepping into the vortex. Exclaiming, Fhei’s mother stumbled forward, now standing in the wind whistling and sparking lab.

 “How… did you?” Her husband asked in awe.

 Wide eyed, Fhei’s mom shook her head. “I’m not sure.” She said then took a moment to breath then returned to her yelling tone. “But if this is a sign that I have to save my baby then I will!” She exclaimed, walking towards, little Fhei.

 “Mommy?” Little Fhei questioned, opening her eyes to see not only the vortex that lead to the kitchen of their home but also the vortex of pitch black with little lights that reminded her of stars.

 ”Fhei!” Her mother called out to her, slowly inching towards her. “Think of your brothers…” She called. “You have to calm down baby.” She directed. “These machines are reacting to you so you have to make them stop.” She said as she got closer.

 “Mommy…” She said as tears continued to fall. “Make it stop, my head hurts, and there is a ringing in my ears.” She said as parts of equipment tore off and slammed into the opposite side of the room.

 Turning to her husband in aggravation, Fhei’s mother crossed her arms. “What did I say about hurting my children?”! She yelled.

 “Love, I’d like to argue right now. But this…” He shook his head. “This is nothing we’ve experienced before. Mythics is short for Mythical creatures. What she’s doing…” Her father shook his head in awe. “She’s creating portals and overlapping distances. I…” He hesitated. “I didn’t even know that was possible.”

 “You’re saying she’s not a mythic?” His wife asked as she stepped closer and ducked to avoid a piece of flying equipment.

 “I don’t know.” Her father admitted. “All I know is that I try to get close and she repels me somehow.”

 Approaching little Fhei, Fhei touched the vortex that her father was talking about. She wasn’t actually at the scene but what did she do to get out of the mess she made? Glancing over at the two vortexes, Fhei wondered. Was she still able to do that?

No comments:

Post a Comment