Friday, March 31, 2017

Week Thirteen: Unhinged: Fhei V

Five minutes went by as little Fhei’s abilities began to harshen and tear apart the room. Her parents shouted at each other to figure out a plan to get the headset off of her. At one point, her mother suggested an ‘off’ switch idea. However, once the switch flew past her face, she realized that her idea was shot in the dirt.

 Facing little Fhei, her father shouted to her. “Think about stopping everything that’s happening right now.” He urged. “I believe you can do it, Love. Tell the space in front of you to stop everything.” He suggested. “It’s a long shot, but believe me, Love. Something will happen!” He exclaimed, shielding his wife from another piece of metal.

 Frustrated, little Fhei put her hands to her temples. “It hurts…” She muttered. “Stop hurting…” She mumbled to herself. Rubbing her temples she shut her eyes and shouted with all the frustration within her. “STOP!” She screamed.

 Instantly, metals dropped to the ground, the vortex’s around them dropped and the gear flew into one of the screens on the opposite side of the room as her. Embracing each other, the parents then turned to their daughter. The first to embrace her was her mother.

 “I am so sorry, Honey.” She said holding her tight. “I didn’t know how to make it go away.”

 In tears, little Fhei hugged her mother tight. “It’s okay Mommy, it’s over now and my head still hurts but the ringing stopped.”

 “Ringing?” She questioned as her husband went in to hug his daughter.

 “What ringing is she talking about?” She asked him.

 “I love you, and I’m never going to ask you to do something like this again, okay, Love?” He said as he kissed her forehead. “I didn’t realize that there was more than Mythics out there…” He muttered. “I can’t say you’re a new species because you’re still my daughter but you are something phenomenal.” He exclaimed.

 “I’m not mad that you asked me to do this…” Little Fhei said as she looked at her father. “You like seeing new things.” She shrugged. “Maybe I’m supposed to help you…” She shrugged. “But I don’t want to help unless you stop the loud noises, okay Daddy?” She questioned.

 “I can do that, Love.” Fhei’s father said as he hugged her again.

 “You don’t suppose asking her to get me home in a jiff would be too much?” His wife asked jokingly. “I mean, the stove is on.”

 Fhei’s father laughed. “If she knew how to control her powers I wouldn’t mind asking but I don’t believe the kitchen will be a place she can conjurer again.” He smiled.
 “I’ll call my sister.” She laughed. “But we are having a talk about this later.” She said with warning eyes. “What happened can’t be ignored.” She commented. “However, she is still our child.” She eyed him. “Do what you can to not hurt her…” She sighed. “Please.”

 Nodding, Her father picked her up and headed out the door, in no time at all, she had fallen asleep, forcing the scene to blur and change again.

 --

 As the scene cleared, Fhei stood in front of the living room fire once again. This time, she was her age and reading a book on the recliner while one of her brothers typed away on his laptop and the other painted on a canvas on the opposite side of her. The house was peaceful. Her mother was in the kitchen and her father was in the corner of the room doing paperwork. When suddenly a flame erupted from their front door.

 “Gideon Rue!” A voice bellowed in anger as he stepped through the flames. “You and I have some talking to do,”

 “Glancing over at his kids, Gideon stood. “That’s fine.” He said gently. Allow this to be between me and you.” He spoke softly. “Leave my family out of this.”

 “Oh?” The Khalkotauroi laughed. “You did this to me.” It growled. “What makes you think that you give me commands?”

 Turning to herself, Fhei wondered if she knew of her own power. There couldn’t have been another incident where she randomly forgot what she had done as a child. Oddly enough, she was positive that at least her brothers would remember but the two were on guard and so was she. However, she didn’t seem to have any abilities this time.

 “Outside, please.” Her father begged. “I’ll do what I can to answer questions, I’ll do whatever it is you want.” He sighed. “Leave. My. Family. Out. Of. This.” He said, now sounding more forceful.

 Roaring fire in Frei and her brother’s direction, Fhei quickly shielded her brothers, letting out a scream of pain.

 “At least you know that one of your children is brave!” The Khalkotauroi exclaimed, tearing a part of the stairs off. Breathing fire on it, the Khalkotauroi met Fhei’s father’s eyes again. “Don’t make me throw this.” It growled.

 Aggravated, her father stood with his hands in the air. “Outside. Now.” He exclaimed, pointing towards the door to the backyard. “It’s either there, or I’ll start calling people.”

 Laughing, the Khalkotauroi threw the piece of wood at the backyard door causing it to slam into the fence. “Ladies first!” It laughed.

 Stepping outside, Fhei’s father turned to face the Khalkotauroi. “What do you want me to do?” He asked.

 “FIX ME.” It demanded. “You’re the one who figured out that I’m part bull.” It huffed. “Turn me back into a regular human!” He demanded, Spewing out fire onto the fresh grass..

 “I can’t.” Fhei’s father shook his head as he saw his wife and one of the boys head to the garage through the window. “But we’d have to go to my lab. My house had none of my supplies.” He explained.

 “Oh?”! The Khalkotauroi grinned. “So you won’t be needing….” He turned as he roared out fire. “This?”! He said as he set the side of the house on fire.

“Hopefully your kids are like me.” It snarled. “Or maybe you came up with a serum to prevent them from turning into a monster like me.” He cursed as he punched a hole into the side of the house.

 “No…” Fhei’s father said, partly in tears. “If there was a serem it would be on market by now…” He frowned. “Please…” He said, now fully allow himself to blur his vision. “My family’s in there. Let’s get to the lab and give them time to get out…” He begged.

 Laughing, the Khalkotauroi snarled and roared once more, but this time looked up to the second floor. “Let’s see your family get out of that.” He bellowed into laughter, then collected Gideon by the collar, then kicked down the fence to head towards the lab.

No comments:

Post a Comment