Monday, July 28, 2014

Mayhem Monday: Atlantis Lost World History Channel Documentary

  The whole point of this blog was to research about dragons. Below is one of the many that I took notes over:

"Atlantis Lost World History Channel Documentary" by Bridget Franzen

  This one helped me figure out what I should do for Vile. The more I research about dragons, mythology, and myths in general the more confused I become. I run into a lost dead ends and I am forced to write out my own theories hoping that one day someone will have more information to either prove or disapprove my speculations.

  Here's one thought that came to mind as I researched Atlantis. Well, here's a few.

The story of Atlantis is told my Pluto, making it Greek.
  • Although, there is Egypt interaction so the city he speaks of has to be in Mediterranean.
The story speaks of catastrophes
  • These being a volcano and an earthquake 
  • Does anyone realize how general that is? 
  • Here's one to throw out there. 
  • The Yellow Stone Nation Park sits on a 'dormant' volcano. If it erupts, half of the US will be effected in less than 24 hours. 
  • Most of the land in the US will be rendered useless in a matter of minutes. 
  • So an island (Utopian society or not) could defiantly go under water overnight.
Other factors to consider 
  • Earthquakes occur mostly when two plates (continental or oceanic) plates pull apart. Giving that the ability to happen at the edge of any two plates. Obviously, there's more than two plates willing to pull apart from each other. (Not to put in personification form but the earth is constantly changing. Nature can't truly be foreseen.) 
  • Volcanoes. Going back to the Yellow Stone. Any catastrophe can be deadly. But going by the two examples without each other they can be lethal. Together? A whole city? Nah. Nothing to it. 
There are many versions of Atlantis. One fact that I want to point out from Wikipedia since I can't go anywhere else at the moment is that it says that it is he city of Atlas. 
  • Atlas is the titan of navigation. Yet. There is no 100% positive theory of the location of this lost city. 
Although I do know why the World Atlas is called by Atlas. By using the stars, they were able to navigate. Atlas is also the titan of astronomy. 

There are many questions that arise when I watch these documentaries. I hope that I can entertain everyone with my thoughts but always keep in mind. This is fiction. I can only try to be as factual as fiction can be. 



No comments:

Post a Comment