Sunday, July 27, 2014

Week Seventeen: Jack's Shadow

Author's note:
I want to make sure
 everyone understands that I do not know
 where the hell this story originated from. If you
 know, please tell me because I'm desperate to know
the answer to this. Jack's Shadow is a story based off of 
déjà vu moment I had thinking that someone had told me
 about a guy named Jack who had a super power  in  which his
 power was all in his shadow. I do not own the original. However, 
can not find the original or figure out who told me about the story because
 the two people I thought told me the story said it was an interesting concept but
 they do not actually know of this story that I speak of and it's freaky. Because I don't 
know how I would have brought up this 'shadow super power' up in a conversation with 
anyone. If anything, I asked my friends what they would want to have as a super power.
 Rather a friend asked me and I asked a few of my of my friends and they all said the
 general answers were flying or invisibility. Personally, I've always wanted to be
 psychic and that's why most of my characters are telepathic but anyway. That's 
not on subject. If anyone has any leads on this story please tell me. The main 
character might not even be named Jack. It's only the name that my mind
 keeps turning to so please. If you know, comment of contact me 
because it is going to gnaw at me until I find out who it really
 is. But in order for me to write a legit chapter for The
Revelation of Dragons I have to have the
 information so I'm making it up since 
it's my only choice and when 
writer doesn't have any 
choices this is what 
they do. They make 
due. Thank you 
in advance. 
Read this
 story with 
the thought
in mind.

Jack's Shadow

There was a man known as hell 
No one dared cross his path 
Because of the power at will 
He was a maniac 

His life held in his shadow
The only way to live 
And in the night his shadow became the night's curtain 

So no way could dear Jack
Die for all his sins 
A murder he was 
And the attention was all his 

Pounds and US dollars
Peso, all the more 
Money cast in his shadow to end their likely hood 

Then one day Jack was challenged
To be sent to his last fight
"I'll give you all the heavens, my mansion, and my dear wife."
"Go ahead and take my kids, my life savings, I doubt you'll win."
Said the man who was ready to give anything. 
With a smile Jack proposed.
"Live as my slave, and then you'll have a deal." 

Determined, the man went for it. His wife scowled at the hell
That her dear husband had made that day and shook her head at will. 
"Sorry, Hun, but he won't win. For there will not be a shadow to cast.
In the place made of glass is a place known with no shadow." 

He explained how he knew 
That nothing would go Jack's way. 
But Jack didn't care 
For the man 
Or his wife per say

He was in it for the challenge
The shrill thrill that he might lose
For the man was foolish to even think
That money was of value. 

A billionaire Jack could be 
But as an immortal he loved to be
Living away from everybody 
Living his own life 

Known as a devil 
Or a man with a true heart
A saint to some 
A curse to others
Jack and loved his shadow for his dear life 

Appearing at the province
Jack bowed at the merchant as he sought 
For the challenge of the one who stood above

"I hear there is a place unlike any other," 
Said the merchant with a thought. 
"But are you that demon saint who lives only to rot?" 

Jack laughed at the man's question, allowing his shadow to stand. 
"This is my shadow and my life. 
I doubt you'd understand."    

"So you're a dare devil as well as a demon? But I know you won't kill me for the fun." 
Jack nodded at the man's words and grinned wider than the thought. 
"Precisely. This damned figure, has been challenged by the one and though 
I may be on my way to my death, no immortal cared for so, 

For you see, even if I die today. It's not as if I didn't live thy life. 
Years have passed and I've tasted blood
And laughed and the scream of love.
Money has no worth to me
And it'd be hilarious to see
Something inanimate beat me 
and my dear shadow." 

"The challenge is what you seek." The merchant said with a nod. 
"Go. I've told you of the place, of glass and there you will fight the sun." 
As Jack took his shadow and left the merchant in his place, he mumbled something under his breath, a few words of grace. 
For Jack could see, the fighter within the man's eyes 
And the fact that man didn't run or scream for his dear life 
Was amusing to Jack every time 
He loved the ignorant and their bliss 

In all his life he wished
He could live on like this 
To live fighting every day 
To feel the thrill in his veins 
But Jack had not felt fear in days 
And years because of his shadow

Stepping into the territory of the fallen hallow. 
Known other than the 'stable' the one who stood their ground
Jack read the small pamphlet and crossed the boundaries known to man 

The tour guide shouted
And warned Jack of his falling grace 
That one day, the stable would be challenged
And never would it take 
Anything but the soul 
Of the debate

Standing face to face, with the boulder Jack felt the people laughing
"He's challenging a mere rock!"
"How will it fight him back?"
"Indeed, that is the devil saint known as Jack." 

When people heard those words. 
They were hushed and watch intently 
As Jack summoned his shadow 
To bring upon the deity 

"I challenge you dear fallen 
I am here to set you free
From you casualties 
And the thoughts that you might be 
Alive and lost 
In that standing ovation 
For you are nothing other than 
A mere soul 
On my hit list 
Allow my respects dearest fallen." 

Bowing and attempting to summon Jack's shadow he felt his life 
As if began to slip away and his knee his the glass twice. 
One knee hit the glass then the other followed then 
His breath began to shallow and he looked around at the crowd to catch a hint. 

None of them bared a shadow. Although light showed all around
Lit up by the dun at every angle found
Concern filled the tour guides eyes 
Yet he did not move 
For he felt the longing Jack had to finally lose 

But as he felt his heart 
He remembered that his shadow was also a part 
Of him and not only was he the one in danger
His shadow was on the line 

He couldn't lose his shadow
His dearest love
All his pride
Over thousands of years, not as old as some artifacts
But old enough to win 

This simple challenge placed on him 
On his heavy heart
To wager all his love
And all the blood spilled by his might. 

His will arose and gave him, enough energy to strain. 
He had to touch the rock
That way he could seep away all the pain 

The struggle was felt all around him
Each person watch, amazed
As Jack inched forward, losing strength with the strain 

The intensity proposed some tears to some woman's eyes
Even some men touched by the moment knelt down to cry 
From around the globe, they preyed 
They bowed to their different Gods

Because oddly enough, 
This immortal touched their lives. 
"What you are seeing is the devil-
is the saint-
is a god-
an immortal-
fighting for all his strength." 

The merchant held the currency in his hand, amused by the blessing 
If this Jack was a devil,
Why lend a merchant a hand?
What was it that the merchant had done other than give the information he had asked?
Closing for the day, 
The merchant took the flask 
And walked to the memorial 
Of the stable god. 

Searching for an answer, 
He thought he might see

But instead as he found it
The deity made from the ground
He watched as his falling hero, gasped for his last breath 

And with all the little strength he had left 
The shadow appeared, over the rock and looked down at Jack with a smile from ear to ear

As Jack's shadow eyes and his own, met with a smile on the ground. 
Jack pushed himself up, with his regained strength. 
Embracing his dearest shadow, he held him for his dear life. 

"I never thought I'd feel what it was like 
To live without you, without life." 
The shadow nodded and bowed, at the crowd whose cheers could be heard 

A smile on the merchant, made him turn on his heels
He laughed to himself and walked 
All the way home 
Knowing exactly why 
The saint had bless his abode. 

Breathing hard and turning, Jack finally faced the crowd. 
Taking one step forward, the rock crumbled to the ground.
Each piece had a shadow, and each piece gave him thanks. 
The tour guide smirked and cursed about the intake 

Now his boss would be angry 
And it was because he did nothing 
To stop the devil saint Jack
From ruining the place

Approach him with a gleam in his eyes, 
The tour guide stood wonder filled 
How could a guy with such gentle eyes be a mass murderer 
But still... 

"You have that on camera, no?" Jack asked with a grin 
The tour guided nodded, and pointed up at the ceiling. 
"There's no audio," The tour guide shrugged. 
"As long as it captured the moment." 

Jack smiled and patted the man on the back, 
"Let today be known as my death." 
Confused and head shaking, the tour guide refused. 
"But you're alive, more alive than you walked in here." 

Jack nodded in agreement. 
"This is the only day. 
That I've ever felt this way.
My shadow is my life and my power 
And today I saw 'the light'. 

Let today be known as my death 
Because I will be put to rest. 
I will take my shadow and leave as I came. 
Alive yet dead. It's all the same." 

As Jack laid on his bed side, the merchant at his side, and a daughter of the billionaire, hoping for his life, 
Jack shook his head and too her hand, kissing it one last good bye. 
"As long as you are alive my dear and pass on the strife, shall your family live in peace and money will not prevail over you, 
Show what your father couldn't do, 
Be generous and be kind."

"Allow further generations, to know of the power of their fate, 
As their shadows that they cast will determine how much it takes 
For them to fall entirely, 
And since I've defeated the strongest foe, 
Let them learn that depravity, 
Only feeds the soul."
-----------------------------------------------------
And before any of you suggest who I speak of is Peter Pan 
I will send Jack's Shadow out to murder you. 
Because the real story is in no way Peter 
Pan. Do you see any pirates in the
poem? No. Okay then, I swear 
if I see anything over Peter
Pan being suggested 
I will personally 
send you a
letter from
Jack. 


No comments:

Post a Comment