Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Newscast Tuesday: Reviews and Proofs: Atlantis

November 20, 2014 

Review one:
The Dragon Chronicles (PBS Nature Documentary) 
TheChannelHub 
Oct 18 2014 
Rom Whitaker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcMFe_SX5uM


 The video was in a logical order. A friend of mine asked me if dragons are dinosaurs and I told him that they have different origins. Birds, reptiles, and dinosaurs. But when someone says dinosaur there are winged dinosaurs, land dinosaurs, and marine dinosaurs so it’s as if asking if a dragon is of this general type of creature.

 Personally, I want to keep my belief open to all possibilities. They could be have originated through birds or reptiles. More often than not do I come across the reptile perspective. The video messed up in the last ten minutes even though I refreshed it so I recommend fourty minutes of the video but the conclusion is all in the last ten minutes so I wish there was a better version of the video. They might have done that in order to raise sales because one can buy the video for twenty USD.  
 There is no way to comment on the video so I can’t tell them. There’s only 1,140 views as of me watching and three thumbs up but I wouldn’t give a thumbs up because it eding is ruined. There are thumbs down.
 This video managed to connect different parts of the world to dragons and I believe that the only culture that truly does not have dragons is American culture because we don’t have a specific culture.
 In my city alone, in the little grocery store that I work in, I hear ten languages at the minimum because we are an Asian Market/ store. I hear English, Spanish, Thai, Vietnamese, Laos, Cambodian, Hindi, Japanese, Korean (on occasion), Tagalog, Ilokano, and not counting the ‘dialects’ that I can’t register. I wish America had it’s dragons but are a culture diverse country and it more often than not clashes even though not every speaks of it.



Review Two 
Beyond Science

Real Dragon Captured by Fisherman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRqUAMrS1X4

Mysterious Giant Stone Circles in the Middle East No One Can Explain

This guy’s youtube channel has clips that talk about the an array of ideas. I could probably watch him all day but none of this videos truly answer anything. They’re more of speculation videos that are entertaining to watch and they have what people have to say because he has a list of comments that I would go through but I’m not willing to fight against people who want a religious battle and political battle against dragons.

 There are many cultural proofs of dragons. My teacher would be proud of me for telling you guys that there is a Logos, Pathos, and Ethos argument for dragons so I will stand by and say that I believe they are real but I’m okay with them not being real. They’re amazing creatures and hold historical value. They still have an effect today and that’s what matters to me the most.

 To explain the Logos, Pathos, and Ethos that I mentioned earlier these are types of argument approaches. Ethos is the ‘greater being’ (nature, God, deity, ect) approach. In the bible God mentions Dragons in Revelations. However, nature has it’s virtues and also has its history of proving Dragons were once here and may still be. The huge hole in asking whether a dragon is real or not is the sheer fact that people define dragons differently and that’s why no one will ever be able to say what a dragon to 100% is real. Unless we all agree on the same beliefs and I already say in my point of view I’m open to suggestions and I don’t believe giving dragons a set definition will be 100& accurate.
 Logos is the logical point of view.But in all reality what exactly is logic? Is it what one can sense with one of their five sense or is it what has been drilled into us as being logical? Getting away from that question, however, I will say that in this approach one would go with a ‘scientific’ point of view and there are documentary and many video that fight for Dragon’s existence.
 A Pathos approach would be an emotional one in this case one would fight through culture. I believe that history could also provoke proof in Pathos as well as Logos and even an Ethos point of view.
 
November 21, 2014


Review Three: 
The Legend of Atlantis
nonames123
5:53:22
*Part One 

End of hour one

Review: After watching this video for an hour I have to say I stepped into an abyss of speculations that I didn’t want to get into. In order to figure out anything in this world one must have an open mind. Personally, aliens don’t grasp my interest as much as the medieval era, mythology, dragons, or anything. But if I am going to have enlightenment about this world I’ll have to accept that they are a possibility and they are out there.
 Doing this research and hearing all these ideas mess with one’s perception but it helps in the long run to expose oneself to different perspectives otherwise there will not be an improvement in choice, in acceptance, or chance. In honestly, in my belief system (whatever it may be) I have come to find that I rather believe in fairies rather than aliens.
 Although, this all helps with bringing the story together. The video I had watched in august apparently has been deleted and now I want to turn to books to read because those can’t be deleted. I’ll be keeping everyone up to date of my research and keeping the links up so that an opinion may be formed on ones own.

Review Four:

The Lost City of Atlantis
The UnXplained Factor
Latest Update: December 2006
Review: The first issue that I have with this place is that it hasn’t been updated in eight years, the author the person who holds copyright but doesn’t give their name. I could probably look back at their first post but I can’t exactly figure out what came first.
 Regardless, a myth is a myth and I’m going to read over this in order to figure out what steps I should take next.

Proofs

Here is the display of where I believe Atlantis is due to the videos that I watched
Pluto tells story = Greek
Egyptians = Mediterranean 
Volcano = Image 1 
According to building structure bigger island 
Earthquake = Teutonic plate line
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/world/greece/tectonic_summary.php

Excuse the poor drawing skills.

Personal Note: November 23 2014

  Here’s the challenge that comes with writing “Mythic Enlightenment’ whether it be about ‘The Revelation of Dragons’ or not. Imagine a library of resources. I’d say the Library of Congress but I don’t know if every place in the world has one of those but basically think of library that has endless possibilities and all of these books, and articles, and notes are scattered on a table all over one small detail that turns out to have books upon books of information.
  I love this story. But the more I get into the more confused I am. I can make up all I want but I’m trying to stay as ‘in line’ with written mythologies as best I can and yet… I go from page to page, website to website, book to book, and I get into a circle that surrounds a city of endless possibilities.
  And here I thought that I knew Greek Mythology. I don’t know even know the half of it. It’s a great feeling. I try to talk to people about the idea and for the most part I get agreements and I figure suggestions through them because telling the story to someone helps me keep my head up.
  My life surrounds this story. My favorite series as a kid was Percy Jackson. I’m still up to date on the stories that Rick Riordan writes. Right now, I’m watching Supernatural and I grew up in a Christian home never thinking that I would turn to the Bible again but here I am. I need to do some research and the Bible is one of the most protected documents of time.
  Here’s what shakes me and makes me want to turn away. Who came first? What’s the truth? When talking to someone who doesn’t know what they truly believe one cannot get specific information from that person.
  I need to know how old the bible goes back and I don’t need to know that ‘God created the Heavens and the Earth.’ I know that. I need to know the time. BC or BCE as people call it. I need to know about the Egyptians and to this day their works is still bring translated even though they’re a bunch of pictures! I need to know about the Greeks and the Romans! The Native Americans have their stories. Anywhere except America has their stories! And I’m from the one place that doesn’t have a set background.
  There are a stack of books that I have in my possession given to me by a good friend. I wish that they would talk to me again that way I wouldn’t have to go at this alone but I don’t know anyone who can help me except me. I feel like I need to lay this out for my kids so that they know and they can continue what I’m doing. Maybe not in story form but finding history.
  There is so much I want to know and so much that I can ‘google’ but I want to look back in the textbooks and the other problem is that I can’t ask anyone if something is true. I either believe it or I don’t. It’s a speculation is the other option but how many speculations am I going to have to go through in order to figure out what’s true and what’s not?
  This is why I don’t lie when I write. In my poetry books I keep everything as true as my mind will allow me to stay true. I may think something is true and it may not be but in my eyes it is all I have and it’s what I’m going to use. I wanted to write about history and modern time but it turns out all I’m doing is going backwards in stories and multitudes of endless corridors.
  People ask me why I fear my own imagination. My imagination is endless and no one, not even myself knows the end of it. It is endless and I will never reach the bottom or the top, or the edge it’s always expanding and I love that but it’s also a part of me that I fear and at the same time I cherish.
  If I had known that writing improves with time I would have started earlier. I say that but I started when I was twelve? It has only been six years since then. I’ve met the most amazing people and the most interesting people. Years ago I never thought I’d be writing something like this and now here I am. A thousand words is nothing to me. Five hundred used to be a challenge but now I can write five thousand words off a story in my head. Granted, not Mythic Enlightenment per say but stories that I can see in my head and plan out without having to do research.
  I want all of you to wish me luck in college. I’m going for Interdisciplinary in Fine Arts. I’m thinking Programming, Digital Art, and if I can doing another coding minor I will. For my electives I’m taking business and communications. I love band. It was my life and I’d love to go to Drum Corps International but I think my calling is here telling you guys stories and researching for you and getting your opinions. There are people out there who read these and I know because I have tracker that says so.
  Between this, Wattpad, and Tumblr I’m willing to give my knowledge to all of you. I’m planning on being a substitute when turn twenty because I’ll have sixty hours by then and if anything, I can go to a different city and substitute but I believe that education should truly be free and divergent. Test don’t prove anything other than order and even though (here in America) we order we need divergence. We need people who can think on their own because otherwise we’ll be mindless drones waiting for a command and I don’t want the generations after me to not think for themselves because they have an opportunity.
  It would be one case if they didn’t get to choose but if they’re learning not to choose then the system needs a tune up. Thank you guys for reading this far. I can imagine how angry or upset y’all were while I was gone but I’m coming back, school is dying down and I need to write because that is what I was called to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment