Sunday, November 30, 2014

One Shot: A Belief System of a Case

The following is a one shot for my good friend on tumblr. (thursdaysangel-tuesdaysdemon) It is her birthday today so I decided to write her a short story in this Mythic Enlightened world. This has nothing to do with the actual story line but it will involve Dragons and other creatures of the myths. I hope all of you like it, especially my friend.
--
  Dexter held his head up high as he refused. His arms were crossed and he shook his head in annoyance. These adolescence believed. That was their first problem. Dexter had learned if one had to believe in one mythic story that would mean that he would technically believe in all the mythic stories. This wasn’t possible. Santa had not given him presents nor coal. There was no proof of the Easter Bunny except for a Helicopter in the sky that drop plastic eggs bought from Walmart or some other store that sold in bulk. Maybe even Sam’s Club was involved with the dispute for the sheer fact of raising sales. Dexter looked down at his young companions. How was he supposed to tell them? No one proved it for him. No one care for what he thought. So why should he care for them and what they thought?
  Deep inside Dexter wanted to believe it to be true. There had to be a reason why Santa didn’t give him coal or presents. Maybe a culture barrier of some sort? Maybe Santa didn’t know about him? He frown but then the other kids wouldn’t have gotten presents. Or maybe… Dexter sighed. Maybe it was because his own parents didn’t believe. All the other kids before him had parents who pushed the holidays. His, well, were more ‘down to earth’ and focused on working and ‘making the world a better place’ as they said.
  Sitting around the picnic table were the friends who couldn’t imagine living without. Yes, there were all three years young then him but he couldn’t stand seeing them heartbroken. Pulling up his seat to the edge of the picnic table he smiled.
  “Are you sure you guys are ready to see the ‘real’ deal?” He asked inquisition.
  They added nodded vigorously with beaming smiles and lit up eyes. “Please, Dexter! Show us the ‘real’ world!”
  Dexter nodded. There were only five of them. Six including him. He had to think of something and quick. Maybe his two school friend could lend a hand at the conspiracy he had laid before him. He had to have a plan. A dragon. All he had to find was a dragon.
  “Dude! A dragon?”! Flint laughed. “Really?”
  “Come on man, they’re a group of twelve and thirteen year olds. We have to think of something.”
  “I don’t have to think of anything.” Flint shook his head. “It’s the fact that you actually want to believe in anything that I’ve been telling you in the past four years that we’ve known each other.”
  Dexter sighed. “For them, I’ll do anything. I don’t care if it means playing pretend for a day.”
  “Pretend?” Flint shook his head. “A day?” Flint frowned.
  “I’d gladly take them but if you don’t believe then I won’t take you.” Flint replied sternly. “You can only see what you believe to be true.”
  “Which means what is true depends on the person, I know… You’ve told me many times.” Dexter argued.
  “But these kids are practically my family. I didn’t grow up with the belief and today’s a special day for one of them so if there’s anything I can do to excite them it’s finding that dragon you keep talking about.”
  “He’s real and in order to go with us you’ll have to believe and the only way I’ll know is if you look into the water and tell me what you see.”
  Dexter shook his head. “That’s ridiculous. I’ll only see what’s reflected back at me.”
  Flint smiled. “Fine. I didn’t want to give my secret away but in order to get you what you want I have to get what I want and what I want is to get you to believe once and for all.”
  --
  Sighing, Dexter knocked on the door three times and then turned his back to face the five. “This guy’s name is Flint and he’ll be helping us on our expedition today so he treat him like you treat me. I also called one other person to help us. Don’t worry, we’ll get to see the dragon soon!”
  “You mean as soon as you believe that a dragon’s real.” Muttered Flint who had opened the door and stood silently waiting for Dexter to finish.
  “I don’t mean to be rude.” Flint smirked. “But I’ll need you five to sit tight in the living room as I discuss the plan with Dexter.”
  The five nodded with excited smiles. Flint could see the belief in their eyes as they trailed in and sat down patiently. Dexter frowned as Flint gestured him to follow. Opening the door to his room, Flint allowed Dexter to walk in and sit on the edge of his bed before he shut the door.
  “Mirrors are said to reflect one’s ‘true’ self. Or, as a person perceives themselves. I have a mirror on the back of my door. I want you to uncover it and tell me what you see since I’ll be next to it and will not be able to see what you are seeing.” Flint explained.
  “Why don’t you look yourself?” Dexter raised an eyebrow in confusion.
  “It’s part of the proof. Go with it.”  
  Dexter sighed as he uncovered the mirror and stood in front of it. “I see me. And the reflection of your room.” Dexter exposed.
  “Alright then.” Flint smiled. Now, I’m going to face away from the mirror and you tell me what you see.”
  Dexter shook his head. “Flint. Is this really necessary.”  
   Flint stood in place. “Do you believe me or not?” He asked without moving from his place.
  Dexter smirked. “I want to believe you. But I have yet to believe.”
  Flint shook his head. “Then it won’t work. You won’t see it because mirrors don’t work the same way as water. Water shows a person’s trueself regardless of the believer but a mirror is perception and what someone see is what someone will see.” He frowned.
  Dexter imagined the kids in the living waiting anxiously to go on their conquest. Flint knew that there was still someone that they had to go see but if Dexter didn’t have Flint. He wouldn’t be able to convince her to go either.
  “Will you prove to me that I’m wrong?” Dexter finally muttered. 
  “I can’t prove you wrong.” Flint shrugged. “I can only prove you right.”
  Dexter smirked. “Fine. I want to see what you ‘truly’ look like.”
  Flint grinned as he stepped forward, back facing the mirror.
  Looking up, Dexter shook his head as his eye grew wide. “You’re not a dragon….” Dexter gaped. “But what are you?”
  “You see it?” Flint said in a lighter tone.
  “Yea…” Dexter shook his head in disbelief as he looked at this friend and then in the mirror.
  “How…?”
  “I didn’t face forward because you would’ve scream or did something along those lines and I won’t face forward because what I truly look like is horrifying.” Flint gulped.
  “But no matter. This means that you believe even the slightest bit and we’ll go get her now.”
  Dexter shook his head, “No, Flint! I want to know what you really are and if your parents are like that too.”
  “Not all creatures are born, they can be made. In my case, which is rare, I was born this way.” He smirked. “I saw this boy in a magazine once so I took his form.” Flint sighed. “I hope you realize this is a matter of trust and not only beliefs.”
  Dexter gulped. “I… I understand that.” He replied softly. “Face the other direction. Come, I won’t…scream.”
  Flint shook his head. “Cover the mirror. I think you’ve seen enough.”
  Dexter frowned. “I’ve been friends with you for four years. Why won’t you trust me?”
  “You haven’t trusted me.” Flint said tone darkening. “You refused to believe me.” He paused. “And to me that’s the same statement.”
  Dexter smirked as he covered the mirror and then walked in front of Flint. “Show me. You can trust me. I’ll believe you.”
  Flint looked at Dexter with amused eyes. “You want to see without the mirror to distance you?”
  “You’re my friend and I am yours. I may not have believed you before but I believe you now and if the statement is the same then I trust you and you trust me because I believe you. I trust you.” Dexter said in compassion and concern in his eyes.
  “Don’t scream.” Flint said as he looked down and away for a moment.
  Flint’s fingers twitched and then he curled his hand into a fist. His skin began to wrinkle and remind Dexter of a dried plum. Eyes meeting, Dexter let out a small sigh and nodded.
  “Shape Shifter.” Dexter said in surprise. “You…you never tried to prove those real to me.”
  Flint shook his head. “It’s because I wanted you to prove me wrong.” Flint frowned.
--
  Despite the new discovery Dexter urged Flint on. He knew that without Flint he wouldn’t be able to convince his other friend to help prove the existence of Dragons to his young companions. Approaching the door of their other friend’s house, Dexter whispered to Flint.
  “Does she know?”
  Flint shrugged. “I’ve never showed her but that doesn’t mean she can’t see what I truly am.”
  “Can you see if she’s anything?” Dexter smirked.
  “As far as I’m concerned I’ve been allowing shields to be up so if even if she wanted me to see passed her ‘reflectioned’ self as we call it I wouldn’t see her as she would want me to.”
  “So you’ve blinded yourself?” Dexter nudged him with arm.
  “Not all ‘monsters’ want to be ‘monsters’.” Flint shrugged.
  Dexter shook his head. “You’re not a monster. You’re my friend, Flint, and you’re looked up to by these kids behind you so act like it.”
  Gale tilted her head as she looked out her window in confusion. At her door were her two of her good friends Flint and Dexter and behind them were five younger chums probably in a full school under them. She contemplated on waiting for them to knock as she walked down the stairs and sat on the couch. After a few minutes of silence, Gale finally stood up to face her curiosity.
  “And what exactly are you two buffoons doing?” Gale asked as she opened the door.
  “Gale!” Dexter exclaimed in surprise.
  “Gale.” Flint smirked.
  Behind them, the five looked at her with ecstatic eyes. “Are you going to help us find the dragon too?”! They asked with grins on their faces.
  “Dragon…?” Gale looked at Flint and Dexter in concern. “Since when do either of you believe in Dragons…” She muttered.
  “Since Dexter asked me to help him find out because he told his younger companions over here that they were going on an adventure to find one.” Flint smiled.
  Gale glared. “And this involves me how?”
  “Your raven…” Dexter shrugged. “Maybe you could tell it to help us look?”
  “Sentura?” Gale shook her head. “How do I know if you’re playing a trick or not?” She questioned. “I don’t like getting my raven involved unless I have to.”
  Dexter smirked. “Guys, we’re going have to talk over the plan again, sit tight okay?”
  Gale shook her head. “Bring them inside.”
  Taking a seat in the kitchen, Flint sighed. “Remember how I always used to bug Dexter for not believing?”
  Gale nodded as she began to make sandwiches. “What flavor do those munchkins like?”
  “They’re twelve and thirteen.” Dexter laughed. “They’re not munchkins anymore. “
  “Whatever you want to call them.” She smiled. “You could call the ghouls for all I care. What would they like in their sandwich?”
    Flint shook his head and Dexter shrugged. “Let’s go with a simple ham sandwich or a PB&J.”
  “Gale. There’s another reason why we’re here. This isn’t some picnic.” Flint smirked. “I don’t know where we’re going to find a dragon. Last time I heard one was spotted over the Atlantic, two actually.”
  Gale raised an eyebrow. “Flint, since when did you try to show your true colors?”
  Flint sighed. “Since I told Dexter the truth.”
  “And he believe you?” She continued as she laid out the last piece of bread.
  Dexter nodded. “Yea. I saw it. Everything.”
  “Or did you?” Gale questioned with a smirk.
  Dexter sighed. “He showed me in a mirror.”
  “You managed to change his perception?” She asked Flint in amusement. “After four years and it takes one trip to the mirror to see what one only sees when they believe?”
  Dexter shook his head. “I knew both of you looked into mythology that’s why I went to you but you knew that to?”
  Gale laughed. “Dexter, your kind has very few compared to us. But we perceive ourselves as your kind to fit in. If we didn’t then we’d be walking war sirens.” She said pushing her beany back and smile as she turned herself into what she truly was.
  “A werewolf?”! Dexter exclaimed as he covered his mouth so the kids wouldn’t hear. “You mean my two best friends are a shape shifter and a werewolf?” He laughed. “No way…”
  Gale nodded her head towards Flint. “I am a shape shifter but I only can shift from trueself form to an anthro version of a full reflection formed version of me. Saying you’re a shape shifter is quite general don’t you think?”
  Flint sighed. “No. I am a shape shifter. I can turn into any human or any inanimate object but I can’t copy another mythical creature.”
  “Interesting.” Gale nodded. “You still have your curse.”
  Flint face flushed. “And? So what if I want it that way.”
  “But you could have turned into a dragon and showed these kids what they wanted and then the day would be over with, they’d be happy, Dexter might be freaked a little but he still would have accomplished his mission. So now you’re having to ask me in order to find this Dragon of yours?”
  “That’s not it!” Dexter exclaimed. “I wanted to show them a dragon and my actual plan was to meet up somewhere else and you two fake a dragon for me…” He shrugged. “I wasn’t actually planning on find a dragon…” He muttered. “Those aren’t real.”
  Gale laughed. “You believe enough to see me as a werewolf. Your other friend here is a shape shifter and you don’t believe in dragons?”! She shook her head. “Dexter!”
  Dexter smirked. “I… Can you guys actually find a dragon?”
  Gale shook her head in amusement. “I know dragons. The reason why Flint doesn’t know is because he hasn’t fully accept his role as a shape shifter and that’s why he doesn’t have as many connections as I do.”
  Dexter glanced at Flint. “It’s okay not to be human.” He smirked. “I mean, I don’t think it’s that great.”
  Flint shook his head. “I’m the most wanted out there. Out of all the rare mythical creatures my chemical makeup is the most valuable because not only can I change appearance I can heal too. Think of me as the ultimate O Blood of the universe.” Flint shook his head. “My parents told me to lay low.
  Gale shook her head. “Nice work covering yourself.” She smirked. “I knew the whole time.”
  “Yea, well, you have an extra pair of eyes watching from the skies so I wouldn’t be surprised if you knew.”
  Gale laughed. “Look, Flint. It’s okay. I packed two sandwiches for everyone so let’s get this party rolling. You don’t want to upset the kids do you?”
--
  The five kids follow in anticipation. Leading was Gale and behind her Dexter and then Flint. Above them was Gale’s raven blending in with the trees.
  “The forest. Seriously?” Flint stage whispered.
  “We don’t have anywhere else to go up here in the mountains.” Gale shook her head. “Besides running into one here would be more believable and convenient then Time Square don’t you think?”
  Flint shook his head. “So your dragon friend is going to appear out of no where?”
  Gale shrugged. “I called him. He’s in London, he’s a Wyvern to be exact but I don’t know because he didn’t exactly answer when I called.”
  “You’re calling a dragon all the way from London?”! Dexter asked in amusement. “Isn’t that far?”
  Gale shook her head. “No, he’s been practicing. But I haven’t heard from him yet. Maybe I should call his friends. Maybe they’ll know. There’s are two more dragons that I know of and they’re both in Texas but they tend to be more busy than our Londoner.”
  Dexter looked at Gale with wide eyes. “We have dragons living here in America?”
  Gale smiled. “Yes, but not all dragons are nice so I can’t call out to one randomly or we might have to put a fight and with one werewolf, a raven, and a shape shifter who can’t shift into other mythic creatures? I don’t think we stand a chance.”
  “Dexter!” One of the five exclaimed in excitement. “I think I saw it! It’s up there, look!”
  Gale growled and handed the basket to Dexter. “I’ll go on ahead, keep them safe Flint. You may not be able to turn into mythic creatures but animals are good enough.” She said as she began to run.
  “No wonder she’s the number one track runner at school.” Dexter said as he held the basket. “Don’t worry guys we’ll find it, Gale should be back soon.”
  Flint shook his head. “If she ran off like that, my best guess isn’t that we found her friend but someone else.”
  --
  Stretching out his wings, he landed gracefully and contracted them into his arms. He hadn’t eaten for days and knew that if he didn’t do something about it quick he’d lose it. His red eyes glowed as reverted to more of an orange color. Running up to him was a girl, fast for her age, and a light in her eyes.
  “Damien?” She asked as she slowed and came to a stop. Damien raised an eyebrow. “And you are?”
  “It’s Gale, from school. What…” She paused. “Are you doing in the middle of the woods by yourself?”
  Damien shook his head. “Shouldn’t I be asking you that since you’re the girl?”
  Gale smiled. “I packed extra sandwiches, Flint and Dexter are down that way with a couple of friends, we’re on an ‘expedition to find a dragon’.” She laughed. “Crazy right?”
  Retracting his scales, Damien nodded. “Why would you want to prove something like that?”
  “Because Dexter didn’t believe in mythic creatures at first but now he wants to prove that they’re real to the young lads he has with him because they look up to him.”
  Damien shook his head. “Tell Dexter that they’re so no such thing as ‘dragons’ and take him home…” He smirked. “After you all have your little picnic.”
  “I packed extras.” Gale winked. “You can have some too if you’d like.”
  Damien smirked. “Tempting… But I think I’ll pass.”
  “Don’t think you can escape the truth.” Gale smiled. “I can who you are, why do you hide it?”
  Damien’s red eyes met Gale’s blue ones. “Don’t tell me that being what we are is ‘encored’ in these parts.” He snarled. “I can only go out to hunt once a week. Do you know what that does to me?”
  “Without knowing exactly where to go and feed?” Gale nodded. “Yea, it makes you aggressive.”
  “And you’re not?” Damien roared sending an echo throughout the wood.
  “It doesn’t have to be this way, Damien.” She growled. “Please, all we have to prove is that your real. Leaving a mark is real enough.”
  “On your face?” Damien laughed and huffed.
--
  Flint shook his head. “I don’t want to do this anymore.” He shuddered. “I can feel something. Something not right.”
  “Other than that shriek roar that’s still ringing in my ears?”! Dexter shouted. “I don’t see why you would feel something wrong.”
  “It wasn’t the roar that bothered me.” Flint shook his head. “It’s what’s in the forest. Something else. Something that might come for not only us but Gale and what made that noise too.”
  “Dexter!” Exclaimed on of the kids.
  Setting the basket down, Dexter hugged the girl. “What’ the matter, Tam?”
  “It’s this ear piecing noise. It hurts.” She said as her ears began to bleed.
  “Wha-” Dexter shook his head. “How?”
  Flint’s eyes widened. “We can’t beat them. They’re too strong for us.” He said as he began to breath hard. “We have to do go! Now!” He exclaimed.
  “But what about Gale?”! Dexter exclaimed in concern.
  “She’s a big girl, she can make it out.” Flint shook his head. “Right now he’s targeting one of the kids and he can take over their body. We can’t allow that.”
  “Their beliefs alone can bring me to a solid life.” Laughed a voice that echoed throughout the forest.
  “Do not think that I will harm any of them since they allow me to be here.”
  Flint shuddered. “Stay away from them and our friends too!”
  “Shape shifter.” The voice laughed. “You have no place among the holy.” It hissed. “Among the ‘true’.”
--
  Damien reverted back to his trueself and glared at Gale who had done the same. “You brought this among us, wolf.”
  Gale bared her teeth. “I can call for back up. Don’t worry.”
  “A wolf pack protecting a dragon…?” Damien snarled. “Working with a dragon?” He shook his snout. “Unheard of.”
  Before them shined a light, shielding their eyes, they uncovered them to see the image that had set forth. Gale’s eyes widen as she looked the being. Damien cackled.
  “What brings an Angel to these ‘sacred’ grounds.” Damien tilted his head in amusement. Beneath him, the ground shifted leaving his footprint in place.
  “I am Samael, Dragon, and my brother Lucifer calls you to action.” He smiled.
  “The Samael?”! Gale shook her head. “No! Angels aren’t real. They can’t be!”
  “If you think that your lore is the only one to walk this earth than you’ve been mistaken, wolf.”
  “Your friend the shifter for example. Do you know where he got his curse?”
  Gale glared. “No and all I know is that he has it.”
  That human has quite a bit of power yet he knows nothing. Why have you not told him. I can sense on both of you since you’ve been around him long enough.”
  Gale snarled. “Why should I tell you after all that you’ve done? You are sole reason for our violence.”
  Samael grinned as he stepped toward Damien who seemed to be having issues with his flight. “Think you can escape, dragon?”
  Damien growled. “Let. Me. Go.”
  Samael smiled. “Oh, but you have been called by Lucifer himself, don’t you want to see your new master?”
  Damien’s eyes glared as he struggled to move his body. “I thought all angels were good.” He snarled.
  “Lucifer fell.” Samael shrugged. “It depends on which story you look at for me.” He grinned. “I am quite the deceiver and seeing you on Lucifer’s side would be an interesting concept for me.”
  “Look everyone, see!” Exclaimed Dexter as he quivered. “There, a dragon!” He smiled. “And that….” He shuddered. “Is the scariest angel I have ever thought existed.”
  “Is that Gale?”! Questioned one of the five who were now all looking at the scene in awe.
  Gale’s blue eyes shimmered as she shared her thoughts to the young ones. “Yes. It is me.”
  Clapping in excitement, the children faced Flint who had turned into a komodo dragon.
  “That won’t work on him!” One of children exclaimed. “He’s an angel and he won’t be affected!”
  Flint growled. “All I can do is protect all of you. I can’t say much for those two.”
  Shaking his head, Dexter looked over at the scene. The angel Samael had called the dragon Damien. Dexter didn’t talk to Damien. Actually, Damien hardly talked to anyone. He wouldn’t consider him a bad guy but seeing as Damien was in dragon form, he couldn’t judge on Damien’s human qualities.
  Gale’s eyes glance over at Dexter. He was taking a step forward. What brought him to the conclusion that he could do something at a time compared to this alarmed Gale and she wanted to speak but the Angel’s powers were too great for her and Damien.
  Dexter didn’t want to believe. All he wanted was for them to believe but now, he had to take a stand and open up his eyes. If he remembered correctly, he could stop this but he might not make it himself. As long as the kids knew and didn’t make the same mistake as him he’d be happy.
  “What are you planning?” Samael turned to face Dexter. “Do you think you can stop me?”
  “I can.” Dexter said sternly. “I didn’t want to believe it to be true but now you’ve left with me with no choice.”
  Flint’s komodo snout hung open. What was Dexter talking about? Hours ago, Dexter didn’t want to believe that Flint was a shape shifter. Even more so, Flint didn’t want to believe that he was a shape shifter but now, a dragon before them, Gale as a werewolf, an angel, and five children who were the entertained stood among each other.
  “They tell me about you, and how you can be stopped. As long as I perceive you as an Angel you are an Angel but in some cultures you’re a demon.”
  The wind that whispered throughout the forest began to speak. Samael grinned at Dexter as he realized that Dexter was planning. Closing his eyes, Dexter sighed and then sat down Indian style.
  Samael cocked his head. “You don’t use your spiritual power often, as I can see. But you know what you are capable of. Are you sure you want to give up your life for these, ‘monsters’.
  Sitting with both his palms up and placed on top of each other, Dexter sat quietly. Samael laughed in amusement as he watched Dexter meditate.
  “The boy thinks he’s strong enough but how old are you in the years of a human?” He mocked. “You do know it takes time to tap into your spiritual power and even then. What will you do?”
  Damien snarled as he snapped. Samael turned in amusement. Cracking his jaw, Damien growled and then screeched a warning. Fire amid the angel Samael, and a laughter left his lips. Dexter stood and set his eyes on the Angel.
  “Did you honestly think that fire could kill an angel?”! Samael bellowed in laughed.
  Dexter smirked and stepped forward as he shook his head. “I wasn’t trying to kill you.” He smiled.
  The angel Samael laughed in amusement. “Then what is it Dexter, what were you trying to do? Save your dragon here from becoming the new guardian of the underworld or if you rather call it hell so be it? Or is it for the wolf girl? Maybe the shifter who refuses to get his curse lifted?”
  Dexter shrugged. “I guess you could ask the spirits of the forest themselves. Maybe they might have an answer for you.”
  --
  Damien cracked his shoulders as he returned to his reflectioned form. The five kids clapped in amusement. Holding his arms out, Flint took Dexter from Damien and Damien looked back towards the forest he had left to burn.
  Gale put her hand on Dexter’s cheek as Flint laid him down on the couch. On the couch adjacent were a few other the other kids eating their ham sandwiches. Catching one of the sandwich bags that was thrown to him, Flint shrugged and glanced at Damien who was brushing off his jacket.
  “Here.” Flint smirked holding out his sandwich to Damien. “Thanks for saving him.”
  Damien looked at Flint indifferently. “He saved me too.” He replied taking the sandwich. “Can’t argue with making sure he makes it out alive.”
  Flint nodded. “Yea…” He shrugged. “I guess so. But from what was he making it out alive from?”
  Entering the living room with two more sandwich bags in hand, Gale approached the two. “Sentura says the forest is safe so there’s nothing to worry about.”
  Damien sighed. “I wasn’t worried.”
  Gale nodded as she handed him and Flint a sandwich. “After all, who would worry about the  forest when it’s our only cover, right?”
  Damien rolled his eyes but Flirt nodded. “You have to admit you saw that though.” Flint questioned. “What Dexter did?”
  Gale gave a small smile and nodded. “I guess a friend of a shifter and a werewolf can’t be a one hundred percent human after all.”
  Crumbling up the two plastic bag, Damien shook his head. “He is a one hundred percent human.” He said as he got up to toss the bags. “All that hocus pocus he did out there in the forest is only because the forest was full of spirits and power. Any human, if they put their marbles together can do that.”
  Stepping to the side, Damien tried to avoid one of the younger boys who had wanted to go on the adventure. Looking down, he smirked at ten glanced at the trash can. Crumbling the bags in his hand, he waiting patiently for the boy to move.
  “You’re saying that you’re not human?” He wondered in amusement.
  “No.” Damien said now tossing the bags into the trash can seeing the kind wouldn’t move. “And neither is puppy eyes and lighter over there.” Damien commented. “But that doesn’t make us any less invincible.”
  The boy tilted his head in confusion. “I thought all mythic creatures were unbeatable.”

  Damien raised an eyebrow and then glanced back at Dexter who laid unconscious on the couch. Reaching out and ruffling the boy’s hair, Damien smirked. “I don’t think anything is truly unbeatable.” 
--
  This story took longer than I thought it would have. With two hours left in your birthday I hope this is good enough XD. It was supposed to be shorter. A lot shorter. With less dialogue. A lot less dalogue. But that's okay. You can tell me what you like and don't and I can always rewrite it. XD That and I can share an extra story to the fans. They'll find it enteraining. 

No comments:

Post a Comment