Thursday, November 10, 2016

About "Taking Flight"

  There are many quest that I wish to accomplish for myself. Writing wise, I have always wanted to expand on my vocabulary. Over the years I have tried to push my expanse in vocabulary with different blogs but I've come to settle on handling this one. I love mythology and I know all of you out there love it as well.

  The purpose of "Taking Flight" is to bring back the world that I created in Revelation of Dragons. It takes place at a different time than Rev of Dragons but the worlds are still the same. Since, I haven't lived anywhere besides Texas I tend to gear every character starting in this state. After all, it is my home.

  This story will contain vocabulary words from the Sadlier-Oxford websites. At school, when I was in English (before I started college courses my sophomore year in high school) the vocabulary assignments geared towards the Sadlier-Oxford vocabulary.

  My goal one day is to be a teacher and I hope that I can get this set up now so I can refer to it in the future. Each post will contain about one thousand words to keep things simple and will be broken into parts as each is written and exceeds or does not exceed one thousand words.

  There will also be a pairing of each post to the set of vocabulary words I used. This way if anyone is interested in learning new vocabulary or seeing how I used the word they are welcome to easily access it. What I will do for each word is link it to it's definition based on dictionary.com. This will only be linked to the first use of the word in each chapter. If I reuse the world through a chapter it will not be underlined for clear reading purposes.

  Depending on what the vocabulary word is I shall be reusing it through the chapters. What I will try to do is use each word three times in order to give enough examples on how the word is used. Now, of course I will not be using each word in a literal sense all the time. If I wrote like that, my stories would be bland. Hopefully, this can help those who are interested in learning new vocabulary.

  In the Sadlier-Oxford vocabulary books there are different levels of vocabulary. I will be starting with Level A until I reach Level H. Level A vocabulary is meant to be for 6th graders (in America). I am unsure what grade that would be in Europe or anywhere since I know that there are different school systems around the world.

  What I've learned about my audience is that I do not actually have a higher percentage of views overall from the Americas. (Which is neat! Don't get me wrong). This is why I make it a point to try and expand language, history, and references so that I can learn about my audience as well as learn about mythology.

  This will be the third year for this blog and even though I haven't been able to keep it up constantly I am still overjoyed that I have viewers. Thank you all. And hopefully you will enjoy this story as well. My main focus for 2017 will be to complete 52 post while writing "Taking Flight" and using at least 52 units in the Sadlier-Oxford Vocabulary books.

  I am open to linking my viewers stories through my blog as well. Whether it is mythology based or not. PLEASE submit to me any writings that you would like to get out there. Because we all start somewhere. Why not start here?

Email: Lusterdragon72@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment