Sunday, December 28, 2014

Week Twenty Four: Lerna Part IV

Vile slammed himself into Heracles with all his might. He didn’t want to fight but Heracles sure didn’t seem like giving in any time soon so Vile did what he had to. He felt the emotions twist inside him. I’ve killed before but I never wanted to do it again. He thought as he coated his body with poison.
  Heracles cringed and slammed into the sand. “Iolaus!” He exclaimed.
  Vile shook his head. “His name’s Curt.”
  Awaiting a reply and not getting one, Vile turned to look for Curt. By surprise he found no one, not even Taco.
  “They left?” Vile said in amusement.
  “They what?”! Heracles said, he could feel the poison infect his blood.
  “They left,” He said reaching into Heracles back pocket.
  “Don’t mean to violate you there, bud.” He shrugged.
  Heracles glared. “You poison me and you’re worried about touching my gluteus maximus?”
  “Glut-?” Vile flipped open the reincarnated Heracles wallet. “No one says that.” He shook his head.
  “I will come back,” Heracles growled. “I will kill you next time.” He said as he gagged into the sand.
  Vile sat him up in effort to help.
  “I didn’t want to do this to you, Llyod.” He said closing the wallet.
  Llyod looked at him with wide eyes. “My name is-“
  “Llyod.” Vile said putting the wallet in Llyod’s hand. “Llyod Estaras.”
  Vile tried to make it easier for him to go so he held the Llyod’s hand send more poison into his system. Every time he threw up Vile sent a small current of water to wash it away. At one point, Llyod said thank you and began to slip away.
  Vile sighed.
  “Hydra! Heracles!” Curt yelled from a distance.
  “You two done with your little fit? We got Gelatos!”
  Vile squinted his eyes. “They left to get gelatos?”
  Llyod gave a small laugh and then gagged again after Vile sent it away, Llyod smield. “We are in Greece.”
  Vile shook his head. “Now you have time to be funny?” He shook his head. “You’re on the verge of dying man.”
  Appraoching them, Curt and Taco exchanged glances.
  “I take it the Hydra won?”
  “Name’s Vile but yet.” Vile smirked. “He was seriously going to kill me and I poisoned him.”
  Taco looked at Vile’s hand holding Llyod in curiosity and then turned back to his gelato.
  “Well…” Curt shrugged. “Didn’t know what you wanted kid so I got you vanilla…” He gave a small smile.
  Heracles shook his head. “I will die soon.” Muttered, leaning back. “Don’t bother.”
  “Iolaus?” Heracles said, a few moments later with his eyes closed.
  “Yea, Heracles?” Curt said with a smirk.
  “Thank you for supporting me even though it reminded you of a game.”
  “A book actually.” Curt grinned but then nodded.
  “I don’t worry.” Curt smiled. “You made a good Don Quixote.”
  “I am heroes of heroes.” Llyod shook his head to the best of his ability.
  “Right!” Curt grinned. “You make a good Heracles too.” He smiled.
  Hand going cold, Vile released it and turned to Taco and Curt.
  “You left to go get gelatos?” He said with an eyebrow raised.
  “They Hydra says as he finally kills off the enemy.” Taco added.
  Vile rolled his eyes. “I already told you my name’s Vile and what was I supposed to do, I wasn’t exactly going to test the theory about the asexual thing.”
  “You’re asexual.” Curt said in amusement.
  Vile put his palm to his face. “Ugh.”
  “Hey man, all I’m trying to do is lighten the mood.” He shrugged. “After all, Zeus is probably going to be pissed off that I left Heracles die like that.”
  “You mean Jupiter?” Vile looked up in confusion.
  “Who?” Cirt questioned.
  “The roman version of Zeus.” Vile replied.
  “Actually, when I read over the myths it never mentions Jupiter it always says Zeus.”
  Vile looked at Curt with a nod. “I noticed that too.” He raised an eyebrow. “But it always says Heracles not Hercules.”
  “Hercules!” Curt exclaimed, dropping some of his gelato in the process. “That’s who the other person was!”
  Vile again looked at Curt in confusion.
  “It’s nothing.” Curt grinned handing Vile the Vanilla and Caramel gelatos. “When I first met Heracles he introduce himself as Heracles and I couldn’t stop laughing. It wasn’t until he didn’t leave that I found out he was dead serious. Curious, I went with him. He kept talking about how many adventures we had in the past and I wasn’t sure what he was talking about considering the kid’s younger than me but anyway. I had this thought that Heracles sounded like a mixed up version of a name I had heard as kid while watching Disney.” Curt smiled. “And now that you say Hercules I remember!” He grinned.
  Vile shook his head taking a bite of the caramel gelato and setting the vanilla one in Llyod’s hands. “You didn’t bother to look it up?”
  Curt shook his head. “The guy wasn’t always with him. He came only around this time and kept talking about that lion first and then you once I saw him rip the lion apart.”
  Vile sighed. “This gelato doesn’t seem as tasty anymore.”
  “Maybe it’s because you’re sitting next to the guy you killed?” Taco questioned.
  Vile frowned. “No shoot Sherlock.”
  Taco tilted his head. “I like Sherlock Holmes.”
  Vile sighed and Curt laughed.
  “We should probably do something with his body so that no one find it?” Curt suggested.
  Vile shook his head. “Isn’t he supposed to be immortal?” He said looking back at Llyod who was getting more pail by the second.
  “He sure is decaying fast for a mortal,” Taco said with a mouth full. “That’s for sure.”
  Vile sighed. “You two are hopeless.” He said letting a drip of poison fall from his finger.
  “Oh!” Taco noded. “I was wondering when you were going to do that but since you kept feeding it to him I guess you were doing him a favor.”
  Vile frowned and Cut raised an eyebrow. “Feeding it to him?”
  “I was holding his hand for comfort.” Vile smirked. “But I was also trying to get him to get it over with.”
  Curt nodded in understand. “Ah, hey. It’s the kid’s wallet. Did you find out what his name was?”
  Vile nodded. “Llyod Estaras, Eighteen, December Thirteenth was his birthday.”
  “Son of Jupiter, huh.” Taco nodded.
  Curt and Vile looked at Taco in bamboozlement.
  “Jupiter is the ruler of the end of November and most of December.” Taco smiled. “Read your Zodiac every now and then, it might give you some clues as to what you should do for the future.”
  Vile sighed. “I think my history’s pretty well written for me.” He smirked.
  Carry Heracles in his claws, Vile flew over the Argolic Gulf.
  May we meet in the next life. Vile thought and Curt shouted. Taco agreed. The two sat steadily on his back. Watching Heracles hit the water made Vile cringe.
  Curt patted Vile’s back, part of it anyway, and yelled so the dragon could hear him. “It’ll be okay buddy. But hey, we should hang out a but so that you can recover before you go home!”

  Home. Vile thought as he looked out at the aimless sea and sighed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment