Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Week Twenty Six: The Days To Remember

  Mikey scrambled up to meet the window. Four knocks meant Vile was visiting. He hadn’t heard from him for days. Tomorrow would be Monday, when both of them went back to school. Mikey grinned as he opened the window. Vile sat on the ledge of Mikey’s window. Smelling the cool sent of the sea, Mikey smirked and urged Vile inside. Shrugging, Vile closed the window behind him and took a seat at Mikey’s desk.
  “Looks like you haven’t been home for the weekend either.” Mikey smirked, mask still on his face.
  Vile nodded but then looked over at Mikey. “Are you suggesting you went somewhere are well or are you suggesting that you know my brother had taken off?”
  Mikey looked at Vile in the best convincing confused look he could give. “I went out to go check out my origin.” Mikey shrugged. “Why?” He tilted his head. “Xeq hasn’t been here all weekend either, long actually, where is he?”
  Vile sighed. “You know, I haven’t known you for long but you sure would fool me if I couldn’t tell that you were lying.”
  Mikey frowned. “I’m telling you what I know.”
  “Not all of it.” Vile said with a sigh. “But I’m not going to worry about it too much. He’s heading over here anyways.”
  “He is?”! Mikey grinned. “Oh great! Then I can tell you what happened to me this weekend.” He smirked. “Well, it’s nothing to get excited about but I did go do something.”
  Vile nodded. “Same here.” He sighed. “I never thought I’d have to kill someone again.”
  “Again?” Mikey raised an eyebrow. “Have to?”
  Vile frowned. “The first time was an accident, the second time…” Vile sighed, “This time I had to do it.”
  Mikey looked at Vile in concern. “Any update on the heartbeat?”
  “It’s back.” Vile shrugged. “But only because Xeq did something.”
  “Can you two communicate?” Mikey asked in excitement.
  Vile shrugged. “I haven’t tried.”
  Hearing five knocks on the window, Vile and Mikey looked up, grinning, Mikey opened the window. Stepping in and embracing Mikey, Xeq gave a sigh. “You have no idea how tired I am little man.” He grunted.
  Mikey smiled. “Yea! I have a lot to tell you to but first, you tell me how that operation went.”
  Xeq shut the window and sat on the bed next to Mikey, back facing the Mikey’s desk. “It was awful I tell you. I found out some interesting facts about me and Zamer, we have some Chinese deal called ‘Feng Shui going on. Then the hydra’s heart literally killed me and rebuilt by system and now I’m like this.” He shrugged.
  “What do you mean like this?” Mikey questioned.
  Xeq shrugged. “I don’t know how to explain it. I feel stronger, my heart beat is stronger too, I feel alive, alive more than before. It’s great. All I hope is that I can still communicate with Vile.
  Well, we can always fine out. Vile smirked making Xeq turn in anger and amusement.
  “You’re supposed to be in the Atlantic!”
  Embracing a tackle hug from Xeq, Vile corrected him. “The Mediterranean is where I landed actually, I got to see the lost city of Atlantis as it was all those years ago through a spirit.”
  Xeq grinned. “How was that?”
  “Gorgeous.” Vile nodded. “Our architects are missing out.”
  Xeq nodded.
  Mikey smiled. “Okay, so who’s stories first? Big Brother, Little Brother, of Mikey?” He grinned.
  Xeq and Vile looked at each other than at Mikey. “Since you went out without supervision I get the little man gets to go first.” Xeq smiled. Vile nodded. “Brother drama can wait, tell us what happened to you.”
  Mikey sighed. “Okay. So,” He breathed in and gave out another deep sigh. “I have a girlfriend now?” He shrugged.
  Xeq and Vile exchanged looks and then spoke in unison. “You’re thirteen.”
  “And?”! Mikey said with a laugh. “It’s okay I didn’t want her anyway, she’s way to old for me but she’s supposed to be heading over here, he glanced at his clock, at six.”
  Vile looked at the clock in amusement. “It’s Monday?”
  “Ready for school in the morning?” Mikey grinned.
  Vile groaned.
  “Anyway,” He grinned. “So I was upset about hearing my mother and father talking so I left and went out to go to our spot but then my wings wouldn’t let me land and I kept going. I met this goddess of wisdom, who didn’t gave me much but anyway, named Vör. She lead me to this ship that was sacrificing their navigator, which I thought was stupid, to the goddess Rán and because I didn’t want the guy to die I tried saving him which didn’t go so well at first but then I teamed up with the God Ægir who sure does yell a lot to try and put Rán in her place. She turned into this water wyvern and then tried to kill me with her wave children. Luckily, I outsmarted her and with Ægir and I guess Vör’s help I managed to imprison Rán for the night but as it turns out Rán is actually Ægir’s wife and he only helped me because he thought it was funny and now I have to serve her and her daughters.” Mikey grinned, catching his breath.
  Xeq grinned, nodding in approval. Touching the bottle of Akvavit, Vile shook his head. “Looks like someone had a little too much fun.”
  Mikey shook his head. “I only drank one!” He protested. Exchanging glances again the brothers laughed.
  “Heads or tails.” Vile smirked at Xeq.
  Shaking his head, He let out his last laugh and then nodded. “I should explain myself it’s only fair.”
  “I went out because I felt horrible, the ‘hyper beam’ as I call it kept happening over and over until finally, I reached my limit and fell.”
  “You reached your limit?” Vile said in amazement. “We’ll we’ve only shot for India.” He shrugged nodded in understanding.
  Xeq nodded. “If it weren’t for Mioko I would have died. I woke and found myself in a cave, later after Mioko, this Chinese dragon, explained Feng Shui to me, something about me and Zamer’s relationship, I went into transformation with the hydra’s heart.” Xeq and Vile met silent eyes and then Xeq continued.
  “After you successful went through your transformation, I managed to get my heart beat back.” Vile smirked.
  “You couldn’t feel yours either?”
  “It would fade in and out. I thought I was dying but I was fully functional.” He shrugged. “But as for me…” He sighed.
  “After seeing Atlantis, all these spirits kept calling me the reincarnation of this Lernean Hydra, a hydra with-”
  “-nine heads.” Xeq nodded.
  “Yes.” Vile sighed. “Don’t feel too bad, bro.” He shrugged. “It is what it is.”
  Xeq shook his head. “I killed your brothers, I consumed your brothers.”
  “Well, now we now the rumor’s true then.” Vile shrugged.
  “No.” Xeq shook his head again. “I don’t want anyone else to go through that. I don’t care how true the rumor is.” He sighed. “It’s not worth the pain.”
  Vile smirked. “I ended up going to the Lerna cave where I was supposedly supposed to be guarding the entrance to the Underworld-“
  “You mean Hell?” Mikey wondered.
  Vile shook his head. “Don’t get me started on the arguments.” He smirked. “Technically yes.”
  Sighing, he continued. “But I went to the cave, killed what the Greek’s call ‘shades’ or otherwise known as ‘shadows’ and then the Atlantis spirits disappeared from my head so I guess they went to the Underworld. I seriously don’t’ know why they would want to go but whatever floats their boats.” Vil sighed.
  “After that I ran into Heracles-“
  “You mean Hercules?” Xeq questioned.
  “Spare me the headache.” Vile sighed. “Heracles is roman while Hercules is Greek.”
  “There’s a difference?” Mikey and Xeq asked at the same time.
  Vile rolled his eyes. “So I ended up killing Heracles because I found out that I’m poisonous too, more of a deadly poison rather than an acid and then I met the my friends Taco and Curt.” He grinned. “Taco’s the crab zodiac and Curt is the reincarnation if Ioluas.”
  Xeq laughed. “I thought Taco meant octopus in Japanese?”
  “It does.” Vile shook his head.
  “Taco and Curt even left the battle to go get Gelatos.” He shook his head.
  “Seriously?” Xeq and Mikey laughed.
  Vile nodded with a smirk. Telling the story to them didn’t make it seem so horrible now that they were all back together. Sure, Xeq felt different but at least he communicate with his brother again and Mikey, enslaving himself to a girlfriend? Talk about a rough start. Staring at the alarm clock, Vile sighed. If he didn’t get some shut eyes soon he’d be dead by the time he’d need to sleep. For the most part he was good with time zone changes but lately, he had been through more than he wanted to muster.
  “I don’t mean to break up the party, but it’ll take a minute to get home and I think I’ve been through too many time zones for my liking.” Vile yawned. “I think I’m going to hit the sack.” He said and then remembered his encounter with Hera disappearing making him hiss.
  Xeq nodded. “Wait for me, bro.” He grinned. “Mikey needs to sleep, he gets to meet his new girlfriend tomorrow, and when we get home, I’m driving you to school, you’re not ‘walking’.”

  Giving Mikey one last hug, Vile took the skies first and the Xeq followed. They had a lot of explaining to do when they got back but for now, Xeq was happy enough to have his brother back and to see Mikey. Closing the window as the two departed, Mikey face planted on his bed, two hours of rest was probably not healthy but then again, he was a dragon, he’d have to deal with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment