Sunday, December 21, 2014

Week Twenty Three: Lerna Part III

  Taco watched as Vile pinned Heracles and Iolaus then began to taunt them with his poison. What made Taco wonder was why he didn’t send the poison to his claws and end the battle? Instead, he found Vile looking gripping Heracles and Iolaus and laughing hysterically.
  Eyes reverting to their normal green. Vile looked down at the new Hercales and Iolaus. “Do you really want your lives to end this way?” Vile shook his head.
  “Why don’t you end it already, serpent scum?” the new Hercales glared.
  “Because Heracles isn’t who you are and I am not the reincarnation of the Lernaean Hydra.” He said shaking his head. “Why do we have to reenact history? Isn’t that what history books are for?” He sighed. “So we don’t make the same mistake twice?”
  Getting off Heracles Vile stood at a good distance allowing the two to stand. Beside him, Taco made an astonishing face. “What do you think you’re doing?”! He shook his head. “Take them while they are weak!”
  Vile shook his head. “My reflectioned name is Vile. This here is Taco, he’s quite amusing. What are your names?”
  The reincarnated Heracles. “I’ve been living as him for so long…” He muttered. “I…” He smirked. “I don’t remember my human name.”
  Vile shook his head. “You’re not…” He shrugged. “Well, you’re not  creature so I guess you don’t have a reflectioned self and a trueself.”
  The new Heracles looked at him in confusion. “You do not consider yourself human?”
  Vile shook his head. “I may live amongst the humans but I will never be human.” He said allowing a smaller version of his wings to arch out.
  “My name is Curt.” The reincarnated Iolaus shrugged. “Heracles here has been dragging me along for five years now. I think the guy’s twenty but I never really checked his wallet. I thought of this more as a reliving Donquixote. You know, when the guy lives as a knight and has all his adventures, fighting giant windmills?”
  The reincarnated Heracles looked at Curt. “You think of me as a madman?”
  “I’m not as stupid as the squire.” He shrugged. Then he smirked. “Actually, I’m not stupid at all but I find you too amusing to leave on your own.”
  Turning o Vile he began to laugh. “I’ve seen so much since I’ve met this guy, it’s incredible.”
  Vile smirked. “You are the reincarnated Iolaus though.”
  Curt shrugged. “Sure! If that means I can have his wife later? I’ll go for it. But at this rate of hearing about her killing him with your poison after you die? I don’t think I want to be a part of that.”
  Vile shook his head. “I don’t want to kill him.”
  Curt nodded. “And I’m sure if the dang kid remember who he really was he wouldn’t want to kill you either but we met five years ago, I felt bad for the kid and then I realized I could shot an arrow or two.” He shrugged. “So I left my life and hung out with the little guy until he met the real Nemean Lion.” He smiled. “Now that, I have to say was impressive.”
  Vile grinned. “How easy was it?”
  “Well.” Curt looked at the new Heracles who was still stirring in denial of his broken destiny. “He straggled it to death.” He shrugged.
  “Yup.” Taco said with a clap. “That’s how he did it the first time too!”
  Shrugging, Vile looked at the new Heracles. The guy was older than him but he couldn’t be by much.
  “There is more to this life than destinies, Heracles.” Vile said taking a friendly step forward.
  “Maybe it’s time to actually go and be with your,” He coughed, “Wife?”
  Heracles looked up at Vile, after looked at his feet. His eyes shimmered and he tightened his fist. “No.” He growled.
  Vile looked at Curt in amazement. Curt shrugged and stepped back as if telling Vile good luck. Taco looked at Curt with a small laugh. “No reason, huh?”
  Curt grinned. “I guess not.” He said knocking an arrow into his bow. “Back you vital beast!” He yell and Taco dodged. “Oh no!” He exclaimed. “He got me!” H said pretending to fall and then knocking the arrow away with his claw. The two laughed and then turned to Vile and Heracles, who had both changed in aura.
  Vile stood his ground as Hercales charged. Dodging but slamming his tail into Heracles, Heracles grabbed onto Vile’s tale and in attempt to save himself, Vile turned himself into his trueself but still slammed into the ground a few feet away from Heracles who had thrown him.
  “I am a demigod!” Heracles growled. “I am to be hero of heroes!” He exclaimed.
  Vile reverted to his reflectioned form. “It’s not real, Heracles. We don’t have to fight!” He yelled.
  Taco shook his head and Curt sighed. “There’s a gelato place close to here, you want to go?” Curt asked with a grin.
  Taco looked at Hercales and Vile. “Well…” He shrugged. “I don’t want to annoy the fates being all buddy buddy with the enemy…” He grinned. “But…”
  Curt shook his head. “I can always get someone to go get it but I doubt this fight will end any time soon.”
  Taco shrugged. “I doubt that.” He smirked.
  “Why’s that.” Curt said looked at Vile who wasn’t changing into a dragon again but dodging the rocks that Heracles was throwing at him.”
  “Because, Vile has a kind heart. He may have the blood of a monster but I can see that he doesn’t want to kill Heracles.”
  Curt shook his head. “You see, that’s where you go wrong.”
  Taco looked at Curt in confusion. “Heracles wants to kill the poor guy.”
  Taco sighed and looked up at the sky. “I shall return with you after my galato!” He grinned looked over at Curt who was already on his feet.
  “Let’s rewrite history.” Curt said showing Taco the way to his car.
  “Indeed!” Taco grinned, glancing back at Vile in Heracles one more time before joining Curt.
  “What flavor do you think they’d want?” Curt said as they walked away.

  Taco shrugged. “The two can go get their own for all I care.” He grinned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment