Sunday, December 21, 2014

Week Twenty Two: Lerna Part II

  Emerging out of the water was another man, around the age of Xeq. Vile stared down at the man in hope and somewhat confusion. Smiling, the man transformed waved at the reflection in the water and Vile looked to see his trueself and the man’s trueself. Vile sighed, he didn’t remember a crab in the story. Then again, he didn’t remember Heracles having any help either.
  “Summoned by Hera and at your service!” The man said with a grin. “My, it took you longer than I thought to get here, I’ve been waiting for some years now. Those two always sit there waiting for their fight to show up but you never come. I do, but the tragedy is yours, as well as mine, however!” The man grinned. “I am not one of Heracles twelve labors so even if I fight him alone, and beat him I might add, there’d be no point to the fight.”
  Vile rolled his head. “And your name is?”
  “Taco!” He grinned. “My mother named me octopus because that’s what she thought I was but I am no octopus I am a crab.” He beamed.
  Vile shook his head. “I’m supposed to go into battle with you? Aren’t crabs a bit small for the job?”
  Taco shook his head. “When I reveal my trueself you’ll see that you’re mistaken.” He paused to inspect Vile once more. “Well, Hydra, why are you alone, Hydras have more than one head you know?”
  Vile gave out a long sigh. “I have a brother but we’re not blood apparently. And if I did have siblings…” Vile smirked. “They’re long dead.”
  Taco shook his head. “You could cut off your head and then you’d have two!” He exclaimed. “I think they call it asexually reproducing.”
  Vile’s eyes went wide. “I rather not think about that.” He said feeling sicker in his stomach. “Rather…” He sighed. “Are you ready?”
  Taco looked at Vile shrill thrill and happiness. “I’d die for you. That was why I was taken from the stars!”
  “Like the zodiac?” Vile asked in amazement.
  “That’s exactly what I am!” Taco grinned.
  Stepping onto the sand, Vile and Taco walked over to the said Heracles and his partner. Once there, the pairs stared at each other. Heracles looked at Vile in amusement.
  “You…” He muttered, reluctantly keeping his hands. “I killed a lion some years ago and I’ve been coming here since. No one told me that the next labor would consist of waiting.”
  Vile shrugged. “Well, I’m not necessarily in the mood to kill you either Heracles.” He shrugged.
  “Lernaean Hydra has nine heads. Where are your seven other halves?” The man reincarnated as Heracles glared.
  Vile sighed. “They’re not halves because half means two…” He paused to shake his head. “But there is only me, and this is my ‘gifted’ partner sent by Hera to make sure you don’t kill me.”
  “This is impossible.” The guy said with furry. “I am to defeat all nine of your heads not only you!”
  Vile laughed louder than he thought he would making even Taco look at him in confusion.
  “You want to know why you don’t see my other ‘halves’?”! He shouted and gave himself a small laugh. “Because my brother killed them all and not my blood brother either.” His eyes gleamed green.
  “My own brother that I’ve been living with for all my life killed my actual family.” He smiled, feeling his blood rush through his veins. “Now there is only me and I am all powerful.” He hissed switching into his trueself.
  Taco stared in fear along with the reincarnated Heracles.
  “There was a rumor that if you eat another dragon’s heart you gain the powers of that dragon and more!” He shouted. “My brother tested that theory and now he has gone missing.” He grinned. “I went out to go find him and then landed in the Atlantic where I then was lead to here to fight you.” He smirked
  “Did you know that Atlantis is beautiful?” He began to growl and laugh hysterically.
  “Iolaus.” Hercales muttered as Vile went on. “Now.” He nodded.
  Changing into his trueself Taco blocked the arrow and then slashed at the two.
  “That’s what you get for forgetting me!” Taco grinned.
  “In the original death of this hydra, we cut off his head and burned the neck.” The reincarnated Heracles said to the reincarnated Iolaus. “Are you ready my nephew yet not nephew?”
  Reincarnated Iolaus smirked. “I’m so older than you.” He shook his head as he shot another arrow.
  Vile looked down at the battle. No one had taken a second glance in their direction and it made Vile at ease. No one had to see him do this. Lifting himself off the ground with his wings he looked down at the reincarnated Heracles.
  “Do you honestly believe you’ll get anything out of this?”! He shouted.
  The reincarnated Heracles shouted back in glee. “I am the hero of heroes!”
  Vile shook his head and shot a current of water at the new Heracles and his helper Iolaus.
  “I don’t want to kill you.” He said as he watched the two scramble for ground.
  “You’re not supposed to fly!” The new Heracles yelled and then curse at Zeus.
  Vile shrugged. “Well too bad.” He said as he reverted to his reflectioned form and spiraled down. Confused, the three stared at him in amusement.
  “Do you want to commit suicide?” The new Iolaus asked waiting with an arrow ready.
  Vile grinned as he slammed his tail into the new Iolaus and new Heracles. “No,” He smiled. “Reckless is what I would have called it.” He grinned as he pinned them both down with his claws and felt the poison drip from his lips.
 “Do you remember how you were killed the first time?” Vile grinned at the new Heracles.
  Heracles squinted his eyes. “My wife had poisoned me with jealousy.”
  “Actually.” Vile’s eyes gleamed a deep oceanic blue. “It was my poison.” He hissed.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment