Thursday, January 1, 2015

Introduction 2015

Hello one and all!

  I am proud to present Mythic Enlightenment for a second year. Dragon Dungeon has become a Dragon Musem and I'm overjoyed to see the expansion. As an addition to The basement, and the first floor, we will be adding a third floor that consist of only rebloging post from other dragon blogs that have a source. Having a Dragon blog that sources correctly has been an accomplishment for me. However, as I have sourced from DA others use DA without sourcing or other websites and we hope to get rid of those post to the best of our ability.
  My goal for this year is to continue Revelation of Dragons and in addition to that, I will be adding a Percy Jackson Fanfiction that will give you guys a different perspective of Greek and Roman mythology. The fanfiction is called The Descendant written about a fourteen year old girl named Elli Triad who is a descendant of Prometheus. For those of you know about Percy Jackson, he's involved with the Olympians. Well, Elli's Goddess mother Aletheia/Veritas isn't one of the Olympians. She's actually a universal Goddess since she is the Goddess of Truth and Truth is universal. The story takes place after Blood of Olympus the last book in the Heroes of Olympus. To explain the story to those of you who aren't familiar with Percy Jackson, all of the demigods that Percy is involved with are all descendants of Kronos. This also gives an explanation for 'The Big Three'. If those of you are reading this fanfiction and haven't read Percy Jackson and the Olympians and Heroes of Olympus I recommend you do that first before reading this because otherwise some characters may confuse you. For the most part though, this story will try to stay as accurate as it can do to Rick Riordan's version of the Greeks. I do know that I will be writing the story similar to the way he does. But for the explanation, Kronos, a titan, and Rhea, also a titan, have a couple of kids. Those kids being Hestia, Demeter, Hera, Hades, Poseidon, and Zeus. As the story goes, the Titans and the Gods don't get along and in Rick Riordan's version of these Gods, this war breaks out causing the 'Big Three', Poseidon, Zeus, and Hades to make an oath to never have kids after a certain year. During this war between the titans and Gods, all the titans were sealed away except for one, that one being Prometheus. However, soon after Prometheus, the titan who created man, 'steals' fire from Zeus making Zeus angry, binding him to a rock to relive his death.
  <link to story about Prometheus>

  I'm placing this story here because it can give you guys insight over Greek and Roman Mythology. I'm not a fan of the Kane Series but I would love to write about Egyptians one day. For now, I'll stick to Revelation of Dragons and The Descendant. I hope you guys enjoy. If you have any request, comment away. I'd love to expand my research!

No comments:

Post a Comment