Thursday, January 15, 2015

About The Story and Ideas


  I don’t know how often I’ll do these personal updates but this is my time to talk with all of you. I enjoy writing about Norwegian Mythology and Chinese mythology. Since this is a story about learning and not for the sheer fun of storytelling I want to know where you guys want me to go. Most of you are silent and that’s fine with me but I would also like some feedback. There are some chapters I don’t like at the beginning. I’m contemplating whether I should write a more story version of this on Wattpad, where I usually write poetry. There are hardly any stories on there.

  What I’m curious is about the information. I recently bought a couple of books. Two are about dragons, one is a story and the other is about drawings and paints. The other is about Angels and lastly, about ‘lost symbols’ it looked interesting but I’m not sure where I’ll go with it.

  I’d like to talk to any of you if you have the chance. I have a kik and if I don’t answer right away don’t be alarmed. I also have a skype depending on what you prefer but please, if you want to talk about dragons or mythical creatures kik me, skype me, message me, or email me.

Kik: WingedVice
Skype Name: Lusterdragon72

  As you guys know this blog isn’t only about dragons. It’s about the other mythologies as well. As much fun as I have writing the Percy Jackson Fanfiction I know it’s not as nearly as popular as Revelation of Dragons. I want to know your thoughts and any suggestions that you might want to add to the blog! For those of you who may or may not know this blog was brought to action by Dragon Dungeon on tumblr.

  My quest is to teach people about dragons and mythology, how all around the world they have their similarities. This journey has also lead me to a path that I turn away from more often than not. To read the Bible. The only real chapter I read in the bible was Proverbs and that was because my Sunday school teacher showed me how it helped her but it didn’t reach out to me the same. Today, I ran into a guy named Joseph Houston. I may or may not ever meet this man again but I will say I’m glad that I met him.

  He spoke to be about the book of Job and how he was only his own personal journey figuring out what was true and what was not. It amazed him that he found the zodiac, celtic mythology, the bible, and much more mentioning similar aspects and ideas. I told them that they all connect. Somewhere, whether it be on the surface or deep within, mythology and religion will run on parallel paths at one point and that made him happy.

  I know that most of the plot line with Mikey (the Wyvern) is about the different creations in Nose mythology but that’s because I’m basing his story line off a stack of books I received from a friend that I wish I could speak to again but I have an inner fear that doesn’t allow me to. There is another book that mentions a Celtic tail and I’m planning on writing that in as well.

  Jack’s Shadow is still unclear to me. I don’t know how to describe this dream like encounter. I don’t know who spoke to me about it and I might be able to find out. There is one person who crosses my mind now. But in order to catch him I’ll have to go to Hastings early on a Tuesday I believe.

  Xeq’s plotline is more along the lines of the Chinese Culture although his appearance is based more off of Blues White Dragon off of yu gi oh. There’s an Egyptian stand point in that show but I’ll have to look deeper than playing with cards and remember the show content.

  Gwyne is a mystery to me. At first I wanted to mention her as a person of the Zodiac but now I’m wondering if if she should truly be human and not some sort of mythic legend. I don’t want her to be a Goddess. But I do want to do something with her. She’s already a brink in Flint and Vile’ relationship. I won’t mention everything about Flint because that contains spoilers for those of you who haven’t read the second section of Revelation of Dragons. Overall, my thought was for Gywne to get interested in mythology. Maybe she’ll get suspicious or see Vile turn into a dragon again. Maybe that encounter at the beginning made her second guess that she knew everything about Vile or Flint. Like I said, I’m not entirely sure where I’m going with her but she needs to make a good appearance because having here there solely to tear apart those two characters makes her boring in my opinion.

  Luis and Flint will interact though. That’s one event that will come to terms in the story. I’m thinking that Flint, Luis, and Vile will go at it at one point. But I know where I’m going with Flint and Luis. At last, for now.

  Luckily, having Zamer as a Phoenix worked out real well for speculation. All I wanted to do was get Xeq to have a girlfriend but making her a phoenix or in this case, the phoenix of the world at this time has proven its advantages. I’ve always like the phoenix it’s more of a favorite for a cousin of mine rather than my own but it worked out well so I’m happy.

  One pair of characters I’m wondering about is Xeq and Vile’s parents. You all know of Vile’s true past now and if you haven’t read that far it’s alright for me to mention it since it’s not too much detail. But Xeq’s real parents. I’ve only mentioned them here and there. I need them now. I believe they’d make a good story element and one that could help me with Luis and Flint maybe even Gywne.

  There’s a time where I mention where Vile first looses himself, at his ex-girlfriend’s house when she’s cheating. I’m wondering if I should add in another scene where they meet up again but I’m not sure. All I want to do really is talk about dragons to someone or even mythic creatures in general. I’d be okay with mythology in general.

  Are the gods more interesting? Or do you guys want to hear more about other mythical creatures? I hope you guys do realize this means I have to mention unicorns, fairies, trolls, orcs, leprechauns, angels, demons, and even the chupacabra. I’m planning on covering everything and if I don’t? That’ll be fine. I didn’t plan on making this a book because it uses the sources around the internet and even though they’re my interpretation it’s technically plagiarism so I’d have to source each website and even though I show you guys the links of what I read and what I don’t it’s still a hassle.

  Please everyone, shoot me an email of a documentary, a website, a video, or a name of a book that you believe would be useful in this research. Even if it’s one it’ll help. I have a friend who has made me appreciate werewolves. After Twilight came out I sort of stepped away from Vampires and werewolves but they are popular so I’ll put them in somewhere. Supernatural has given me more appreciation for Angels especially Arch Angels.

  Demons are demons. They’ll always be a story element but I’d like to venture out. I’m one guy and even though there are many novels that I have been exposed to since asking my fans to help me collect those I am stick on the lack of resources for mythology in general. So for those of you who have either read a novel that’s about dragons, or know of a website that may help please tell me. I’d like to interact with you all. Even though I don’t like writing for the sake of other people to like the story but for myself to enjoy writing I still need to know what else I can do to improve what I can.

  I’ve watched to add in a Chimera as well. In a story there must be conflict and the main conflict that brought this story together was the lack of knowledge but now I’m making it more than about that. Oh! I also bought a book about Atlantis so I may or may not write something about it again. You see, I want to write about the Burmuda Triangle—legends! I don’t want to only writing about mythology but about myths as well like, well, Big Foot. I’m not too keen on him but he’s still a myth so it’d be nice to bring him into the mix.

  Cerberus (Hell hounds) are a factor I want to bring in as well. I’m written half of the Percy Jackson Fan fiction and I’m hoping that I can finish it within 52 weeks if not, I’ll split it into two parts. The way I’m writing Revelations of Dragons has gotten to me. I realized that the first 26 weeks I wrote were all based off of who I wanted to write about when I wanted to write about them but for 2015 I’ve come to more a reasonable way to write.

  It works within time. At the moment I’m on week fourteen. I know you all want to read it as I update but I work better on certain days at certain times writing a bulk of ‘weeks’/chapters at a time. Besides, school is about to start and I’m hoping it won’t slow me down but to no avail it most likely will.

  At the moment I have the option of writing about Mikey and another day as another adventure. His plotline works by the day so 365 adventures of some kind is the way his plot lint works. As of right now, Xeq is in China and he’s learning about the culture. There’s only two days for him so I can switch between the two, get Xeq to meet back up with Mikey, review somewhat, and then it’s back to Vile, Flint, and Gywne. Then. I won’t tell you all the plan but then Zamer will return and so will Luis.

  I had a couple of one shots on here as well. There’s one based off a drawing a friend drew. It was about the tower in the center of the drawing honestly. Nothing more. But it’s called the tower of Babel and I’m wondering if I should bring in the bible to any of this.

  Religion and mythology inner twine. You have Buddhism in China, India, and a few more places but they escape my mind. I have a book about the Pentecostal but even then I know two different types of Pentecostal so there’s the confusion in that. This is more about mythology but I can’t break away from that. As I said to Joseph, Mythology and Religion go hand and hand so I can’t simply shove it off as if it’s a nuisance.  

  Here’s a few more facts about me. I grew up in a Christian home but with a Filipino culture that clashed with my American culture. I appreciate my family for what they taught me. Not to follow in their footsteps. But in the Philippines going to multiple churches wasn’t uncommon in my family. Here in America it can really mess up your view. Which is okay. I want all of you to know I’m not here to speak against religion. Practice what you believe but don’t shove it down anyone else’s throats. Teach do not force.

  No one will learn if they’re not interested. In order for something to be grasped there must be an interest. There must. Otherwise it’ll go in one ear and out the other. I’m here to teach all of you about what I learn and share it. All I hope is that at least one of you learns something from me before I pass. (Not that I’m going to any time soon because I’m eighteen) but that as long as one of you learns from me only one. Then I’ve done my part in this world. I’m planning on keeping this around two thousand words that way I’m not writing you guys another story. ^^ Good bye for now and as I said please contact me, I’d love to talk to you about ideas, religion, or mythology. Ask me anything. I will answer.

Kik: WingedVice
Tumblr: dragon-dungeon-newsfeed.tumblr.com
Skype Name: Lusterdragon72


Looking forward to hearing for any of you! Thanks for the support. –Dj Domar

No comments:

Post a Comment