Thursday, January 29, 2015

Organizing and Personal thoughts.

  There is too much that goes through my mind that won’t allow me to broaden my horizon on these myths. Sitting with me is a book about Angels a book about Atlantis and a documentary about witches and their myths. So in order to lower a couple of subjects down I think I’ll do a ‘Supernatural’ approach to this and do ‘one monster a week’ except in this case it’ll be a myth or mythical creature of some kind. January was a figure out what to do month and now It’s settled. I’ll add it into February’s schedule. I would still like to hear your opinions and thoughts. I’m thinking I might even connect this more to the Newsfeed. Here’s the deal, I have such a wide spread of subject and I want to attack them all and knowing myself I will do that. But I can’t, I need to slow down even though that’s not what I want to do. So here’s how I’ll do it.

  Starting February (well, technically the week before) I’ll focus on one subject. Instead of picking something up and telling you guys about it. I’ll do a youtube search, google, bing, and any books I can get a hold of at the time about the subject. Then I’ll write it in a text document sourcing everything that I used and found giving the reviews.

  What I remember from last year is that I wrote about the sphinx and Atlantis but I’ll have to go back and check what exactly I did. I might even open another blog in order to separate the ‘final’ drafts from these notes here that you all will be seeing that way you guys can look up everything in one post rather than in sections. I’ll minimize that I write two thousand words for each post back maximize it around five thousand.

  If there are a set of links that someone has provided or books that I have in a stack that I’m going to go over I’ll call it a miscellaneous post and go over everything provided. I have access to our local libraries, the book stores, and the internet so I should be set on my sources. But since I am exposing this to all of you I want to hear what you’ve collected and what you believe. It’s always great to hear another voice.

  On that note… I might actually allow the people at home to read this blog. I gave it to a friend already and this is in need of opinions. After writing as much as I have you’d think I’d be well versed in giving out my work to friends or even family but those that I speak to physically or see on a daily basest are not, in fact, in the loop.

  The closest would be my tumblr. But even then I don’t really expose myself to friends at home. There’s a few people but only a few. I’m not afraid to show my true colors. The only problem I have is that in front of thousands of strangers? I can make a fool of myself and not care. If front of friends? I start to shake and get nervous. Even though those are the people who don’t mind me feeling that way.

  On the twelve I listed mythic creatures that were in this drawing book that I got a hold of. I touch up on those as the time goes by but I’m thinking Atlantis is a subject that I’m looking into the most. Since I have a book about it, a post, and a couple of set thoughts that may be my first assign myth for February. The reason why I wrote about the sphinx is because Atlantis and the Sphinx are supposedly connected. Along with those two myths the thought extraterrestrial beings is also connected to the sphinx along the side of pyramids.

  If there’s anything I’ve learned from creating this blog it’s that one subject isn’t enough. You either believe it all or believe it none and whether it be Loch Ness, dragons, or unicorns. One has to open their eyes up to everything. Last time I believed I mentioned me reading the bible. Well, I haven’t gotten a book yet even though my family has theirs.

  Arch Angels catch my interest especially the one called Samael. He’s considered a demon in some cultures and an angel in others but most importantly he’s considered both in some as well. So I don’t know what to believe. He’s considered an Arch Angel. If anything he’s a powerful one. I may have to separate the religious journey from the mythic one even though they run hand and hand. See, I have people I can talk to about these subjects. All I have to do is go to them.

  With that being said, there’s the New King’s James version of the bible but I’ve seen a Pentecostal version of the bible? I’m going to have to talk to my sources about that. I grew up with the New King’s James version but now that the thought crosses me I might have actually read the Old version. If there’s anything I know from church it’s the hymnals.

  Honestly though, I don’t know where to start with the religion part of it. Buddhism is pretty clear but the only book I’ve read of Buddhism made me laugh and then I showed it to someone who had more knowledge over the subject and he said to throw the book in the fire. So, sadly I haven’t found a good source. You can’t believe everything you read right?

  This is what makes this blog a challenge, finding what’s believable and unbelievable about speculations and hard facts. Although, who can say that we know is exactly true? That is why I present everything I come across. If I don’t believe it, I won’t but I won’t stop you all from being exposed and figuring out what you believe.

  Since I paused to watch the witchcraft documentary I’ll go ahead and place it here. I’m planning on read over witchcraft later on down the road but I have to say. I forget that Mexico has its culture too. I’m right next to the Mexican border and this is closest I have to a culture over all this mythology. Honestly, watching that documentary didn’t make me feel great. As I told my friend I’ll blame it on the coffee but to sooth my nerves I’ll meditate the feeling off.

  So after watching that I’ll say I like sticking to the creatures and finding out more about them. I’ll have to go back into this sometime but you guess will probably see me ease into reading about witchcraft in time.

  There’s not much else I have to say today. Talk to me guys! Any links, speculations, books you know, if you have anything to say please, tell me! I’d love to have conversation with any of you.

  Kik: WingedVice
  Tumblr: dragon-dungeon-newsfeed.tumblr.com
  Skype: Lusterdragon72


  As always, thanks for your support! Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment