Sunday, March 1, 2015

II. Week Nine: A Pelagic Scavenger

A Pelagic Scavenger 
Original Story Recorded in 
The Enchanted World 
Water Spirits 

  Flying into a storm was the last thing on Mikey’s mind but the faster he went on this journey with her, the faster he could get home and get some rest. Dröfn laid against his back watching the waves of the ocean in boredom. But as she commanded, he had to follow through and this time she had be straight forward with him.
  “Tiburon is a big bully.” She huffed. “We weren’t together as long as my first but he still used me to get his daily meals and for a while I was okay with it but then that’s all he wanted from me so I tried to leave him and…” A different colored tear trailed down her blue cheek. “He forced me to stay! He swam so far that he made a current and I was stuck. If it hadn’t been for my sisters I wouldn’t have ever gotten out of that relationship!” She scoffed.
 Mikey sighed. Well maybe if you’d pay attention to who you’re dating more.
 Mikey shrugged and wave emerged from the sea, it wasn’t high enough to hit Mikey but he knew what the message meant.
 Alright Mikey sighed. So where is this guy anyway?
  “He’s not a guy it’s a shark, I’ll locate the nearest storm. He’s usually around there.”
  Mikey nodded as he looked down from his view. Sure enough, this storm was enough to have a couple of ships fighting for their lives.
  If I stop your ex-shark-friend then will the storm stop? Mikey
  “Why would it? The storm is happening on its own you’d have to ask the God Thor to stop the storm.” Dröfn replied.
  Mikey sighed. Then could you at least save the crewmen from being eaten while I deal with him?
  Dröfn pouted. “Everyone has to eat.”
  Yea, and everyone wants to get eaten by a shark on a daily bassist, Fin, if I’m going to kill for you, you have to do something for me that’s not so violent. Like, let’s say, save the crewmates? I don’t care much about their cargo. All I ask is that you keep them away from us.
  Dröfn sighed. “If that’ll get you to love me more.”
  Mikey sighed. Yes. That would definitely make me love you more.  
  Smiling, Dröfn disappeared, down below a man desperately trying to swim away from Tiburon and with Dröfn’s help, the man was washed into a different direction. He wasn’t exactly safe but he was safer and that was enough to make Mikey feel better about himself.
  The Tiburon had shark teeth, Mikey had never seen a shark it’s size but then again, when where there a shark that he could compare it to? Hungry wasn’t the best mood to catch this Tiburon but Mikey hadn’t been given much of an option.
  Snapping at him, the Tiburon growled. What do you want, Wyvern. I didn’t think your kind was interested in hunting humans anymore. Such waste of potential.
  Mikey screeched at the Tiburon. I’m not here for the humans. I’m here for you! He exclaimed harshly. Mikey never thought he could sound vicious but since he had to fight he had to learn.
  For me? The Tiburon laughed. Don’t make me scowl child Wyvern. What could you possibility what from me?
  Mikey sighed. Honestly? Nothing. Except the fact that you’re eating this people. That aggravates me but truthfully. Mikey rolled his eyes. I’m having to serve Dröfn for a year and she wants me to take you out for what you did to her.
  For what I did to her? Her father forced me to be with her! She’s annoying and would never leave me alone. Asking constantly if I wanted to go out and eat and eating these mortals is something I have to do to keep up my strength but eating too many of them can upset a guy’s stomach!
  Mikey looked down at the crewman, Dröfn wasn’t doing anything other than keeping them away from the two, giving Mikey a chance to fight. But at the same time, Mikey couldn’t help but wonder why did he had to team up with Ægir. Vör wasn’t much better. But he could have at least picked someone else, maybe even Thor even though Mikey wouldn't be able to stop thinking abotu the Avengers the whole time he'd be talking to him. Mike sighed.
  You still used her though. Mikey tried to stick to the reason why he was here.
  If you want to say that. There hadn’t been many ships around where I was first but she found me and showed me to the docks. There, she helped me eat to my fill and then she asked me if I wanted to me the God of the sea. Which, of course I did! Who wouldn’t?! But then when I got there, he told me of us plan and my role or else I’d be fish food for some other sea creature.
  Mikey nodded. Sounds about right.
  You have to understand. She’s beautiful and all but I didn’t want to make her stay if she didn’t want to stay but her father insisted! He said we were meant to be and if not, I’d be imprisoned.
  Mikey sighed. You don’t have any right to die more than the last creature I took out but now it’s my turn to work for her and her father.
  Eyes widened, the Tiburon jumped to this best ability. I would give you a hug but…
It’s alright. Mikey shrugged. I’ll pretend like we’re fighting because you killed all those mortals okay
  The Tiburon looked at Mikey in confusion. Soft heart huh?
  More like imprisoned and can’t wait to get this over with but she doesn’t have to know that. Mikey said with a nervous laugh. I’m sorry. He said as he darted for the Tiburon.
  Snarling, The Tiburon snapped. Dodging, Mikey went for the Tiburon’s side and biting into the shark. Waiting, the Tiburon went under water to try and swim Mikey off. Slamming his tail into the shark and holding onto it for dear life, Mikey counted his breathes. Again, if he let go he’d be dead. Feeling his mind start to fuzz, Mikey watched as the Tiburon began to float upward. Sinking, Mikey gasped for air and once again began to fall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment