Friday, May 15, 2015

Week Twenty: The Descendent: An Additional Detail

  Racheal Dare approached Elli at Nico’s table. Elli had found herself comfortable with Nico’s secrets and slowly eased in on everyone else’s. She had even grown closer to Will Solace as well. When Elli’s eyes met the green eyed girl with frizzy-reddish brown hair, Elli began to get nervous. The girl had been involved with Percy on one of his quest. An Oracle. Someone who could hear prophecies, maybe even see into the future. Adjusting herself, Elli tried to focus on Nico and what had happen to him, at least if she ran through his life it wasn’t something she wasn’t familiar. Nico and the girl hardly had any experiences together which meant Elli wouldn’t have to worry about going into an abyss of secrets.

  “Don’t worry.” Racheal said as she sat across seeing the look in Elli’s eyes.” Exchanging smiles with Nico she turned back to Elli. “I’m only here to tell you that I heard a prophecy yesterday.”

  Elli cocked her head. “A prophecy? My mother only mentioned a quest…”

  Racheal shrugged. “Yea, well, the Goddess of truth didn’t tell you the complete truth.”

  Elli sighed. “How is that believable?”

  Rachael smirked. “I know, hard to believe the Gods ever leave out details but they do.”

  Elli looked at Nico in fear. Assuring her, Nico nodded and then looked back at Rachael as if telling her to spill the beans already. Racheal nodded and spoke.

“To truth will lies fall and bow, through blood will two take a vow, one shall rise and one shall bind, deception, trickery, and overall, despair will rule and by a betrayal will one comprehend the enemies hand, with similar weapons but opposite strengths will one save or one will state, the true hero of the battle will find themselves not under Olympus but under the Universe itself.”

  The three sat in a silence for a moment. Finally, Jason Grace joined the table and broke the silence.

  “How’s it going guys?” Jason asked, he was already done eating.

  Nico shook his head. “Not well, Elli’s quest came with a prophecy.”

  Jason’s eyes met Elli’s. “Is it bad?”

  Racheal looked up and ushered Annabeth and Piper to sit at the table before she repeated herself. Once everyone was situated she repeated the prophecy and looked at the others for advice. Elli was the first to speak.

  “I understand the last part, it says that the hero of the battle will find themselves not under Olympus but the Universe itself.” She smirked. “It’s talking about truth. Truth not being Greek or Roman.”

  Annabeth nodded. “Well, okay. That’s the least of your worries.”

  Piper nodded. “Deception, trickery, despair, and betrayal?” Piper shook her head. “At least no one dies?” She tried to sound reassuring.

  Jason smirked. “I don’t know, Pipes.” He shrugged. “’One shall rise and one shall bind’ doesn’t sound clean to me”

  Racheal shook her head. “Through blood will two take a vow.” She paused. “That could me family or actual blood.”

  Elli looked up at them in amusement. “I don’t have siblings. I’m adopted.” She shrugged. “At least, if I had siblings they weren’t adopted with me and Vas made it clear that I was the only Triad there.”

  “There is a betrayal.” Nico shrugged.

  The glare Elli had given Nico shot through him. Turning back to his food, he took a bite to avoid conversation.

  “I know Vas didn’t betray me because I had a dream about him…” She sighed and all everyone at the table looked at her. “It showed me this room and this lady. Vas was chained to the wall but when this lady talked to him he responded with glowing eyes.”

  “You mean…?” Jason looked over at Annabeth for confirmation.

  “Possibility.” Annabeth frowned.

  Looking back at Elli, Annabeth sighed.

  “What is Jason suggesting?” Elli looked at Annabeth in concern.

  Annabeth returned the look. “Your dad could be possessed. It’s similar to the Ara that’s on you. It doesn’t show but it’s there. It can control when it speaks and if this whole time…”

  Elli shook her head in protest. “No, Vas protected me but even if he was possessed the whole time he didn’t always know where I was at. He had his job and I had mine. I didn’t have a cell so we communicated through letters.”

  Annabeth looked at Piper as if they were having a silent conversation.

  A smirk appeared on Elli’s face. “You don’t believe me.”

  Annabeth turned to Elli and opened her mouth to protest but Elli put her hand up. “I can tell when you think I’m lying or when you’re holding something from me. It’s hot wired, remember?”

  Annabeth sighed. “I was wanting Piper’s opinion on the situation.” Annabeth shrugged.

  Elli shook her head. “If that’s how you want to work it. But I don’t get this whole prophecy I mean, opposite strengths?” She frowned. “As much as I hate to say it my strength comes with me being able to tell the truths from the lies in anything. How could someone have the opposite of that?”

  Piper shrugged. “Maybe it’s talking about a charm speaker or Hazel’s magic. Something like that. I mean, it doesn’t work on you.”

  Nico shook his head. “That doesn’t mean they’re opposites.” Piper looked at Nico with a smirk.

  “Charm speaking doesn’t work on Elli but Elli can still tell when you’re telling the truth or not so you can’t block out her ability meaning they can’t be opposites.”

  Jason shrugged. “I have to side with Nico on this one.”

  “Even so.” Racheal interjected. “How could something be the opposite of the truth and lies?”

  Elli sighed. “The pseudologoi can stop me from being able to sense any lies.” She said, wishing she was wrong. “Those are spirits of lies and I can’t tell when they’re telling the truth or not.”

  “Not that they would.” Jason added.

  Elli nodded. “But either way, I still can’t sense it when they’re around maybe this enemy will have a pseudologoi with them?”

  Rachael shrugged. “It’s possible.”

  Annabeth sighed. “But then again, anything is possible.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment