Monday, February 2, 2015

This Week, Return To Atlantis

  For those of you keeping up with these I appreciate it. Sharing this information is a pleasure with you and I want you all to know that I am thankful.

January 28th, 2015

 The Lost City of Atlantis 
http://www.kidzworld.com/article/960-history-the-lost-city-of-atlantis

  I know what you're thinking. Why are you looking at a website for kids? The small details people. That's what I'm looking for. 

 Ignatius Donnelly - Atlantis, the Antediluvian World (Book) 
  •  Studied Floods from Egypt to Mexico 
Supposedly told by Archaeologist Angelos Galanopoulos? 
  • I've only heard it be told by Plato. Let's see what I can find on this guy. 
  • '60s 
  • 1500 B.C.E
  "A volcano ripped apart island Satori." "sank Atlantis" 

Location: "Pillars of Hercules" 
  • This is the first place I've heard this. But, there's also the consideration that the tectonic plate can move over the centuries. It could have been by the pillars an through time has moved. There's a fault line there I believe. Atlantis could have literally sunk into the tectonic plates as they pulled apart. (Speculation) 
Copyright 2015 Kidzworld. 

Review: I wouldn't count this as a reliable source but it does lead me in a couple of directions. I'll see what I can find on this Angelos Galanopoulos guy and see if I can find that book from Ignatius Donnelly. 

Mysterious Places: Atlantis 
http://www.dreamscape.com/morgana/atlantis.htm
Copy right 1997-2006 

Plato
  • Egyptians and Greeks 
  • Didn't finish Critias 
  • Beyond Pillars of Hercules?
"about 10,000 BCE, and the last place to sink was near the Bahamas" "
Ignatius 
  •  (1882) First Book
  • Lost Continents Second Book 

 Helena Blavatsky
  • Russian 
  • Two Volumes of Isis Unveiled 
  "Mediums" "Fourth Race" " 'the great and invisible dragon' King Thevetat" "Evil wicked Magicians" 
  • The Secret Doctrine (Commentary of below) 
  • The Books of Dzyan (written in Atlantis in Senzar language) 
    • Humans not 1st intelligent race on Earth
"Knowledge of the past is imprinted on a kind of psychic ether 'Akasa' " "Knowledge 'Akasic/Akashic' records" "survivors of Atlantis -> Egyptians -> Taught how to build pyramids 

Angelos Galanopoulos 
  • Believed that Plato over exaggerated in stories. 
"Galanopoulos suggests that the Greek copyist mistook the Egyptian symbol for 100 -- a coiled rope -- for the symbol for 1,000 -- a lotus flower." 

Copyright: Decemeber 2000

"the Greek copyist mistook the symbol for 100....for 1,000" 

100
 Jo Edkins 2006

1,000
 Jo Edkins 2006

2015 Discovering Ancient Egypt
|
1 is shown by a single stroke.
10 is shown by a drawing of a hobble for cattle.
100 is represented by a coil of rope.
1,000 a drawing of a lotus plant.
10,000 is represented by a finger.
100,000  a tadpole or frog
1,000,000 figure of a god with arms raised above his head.

  I'm sorry Plato but if what he believes is true than man. You are a poet not an artist.

Edgar Cayce 
  • Atlantis existing in three places

"extended from the Sargasso Sea to the Azores" 

Speculation 
  • 1969, Bonefish Sam takes Dr. J. Mason Valentine 
  • rectangular stones under 20ft in Noth Bimini, Bahamas
  • J.M.V finds 2 parallel lines of stone (2k ft) each "Bimini Road
  • John Hall, Prof of Archaeological, natural formations
  • John Gifford, Marine Biologist produced by "geological stress" 
    • "none of the evidence conclusively disapproves human intervention"
  • David Zink - The Stones of Atlantis (Book) 
    • Stones handmade 
    • One object a stone head 
"Even if the Bimini Road could be shown to be part of a temple, this would still not prove that it was built more than ten thousand years ago; it could be the product of a much more recent culture." 

Their Sources: (Links to buy books) 


by Edgar E. Cayce, Gail Cayce Schwartzer, Douglas Richards

by Ignatius Donnelly

by Edgar Evans Cayce

by Colin Wilson

by Helena Blavatsky

by L. Sprague de Camp

by Charles H. Hapgood

by Helena Blavatsky

by Plato

by Colin Wilson and Damon Wilson

by Rand Flem-Ath, Rose Flem-Ath

Review overall: I would find it redundant to reread everything in book form of what this person has come to find. However, as I am in need of finding truth the list of sources does help me and all of you. It looks like I'm going to get a hold of all of these to see what they have to say. 

Specific Review:

Plato: I need to read the poems for this. 

Helena Blavatsky: Even for me she sounds crazy but interesting. I'll have to look into her some time. 

Angelos Galanopoulos : You've made me laugh kind sir. But yes, I do agree that natural disaster is the answer to the disappearance. 

Edgar Cayce: I always think of Atlantis as a city, an island, not as a continent but as a continent it is possible to have split into smaller islands and drift into other places. Honestly, Rome as a whole suffered from natural disasters. Blame it on the Gods if you'd like but many civilizations have disappeared due to natural disasters. 

Speculation: I'd say that it isn't only Atlantis that people are finding. How many civilization do we have to lose in order to understand all that our ancestors have truly gone through?
---------

January 30th, 2015 

  What is it then? This whole time I've been wanting to prove where Atlantis is, or find where Atlantis is. However, generally speaking the story of Atlantis is this to me. 

  A highly advance lost civilization. Told by the Greek Philosopher Plato through a poetic conversation between two characters who talk about the pillars of Hercules. Not every website spells their names the same way so I'm going to have to clear this up. The story is supposed to be in three parts and he doesn't write them all. It talks about a fight between Egypt and the Greeks, how the city was lost due to a fight between Atlas and Poseidon. 

  Don't hold my word on the paragraph above. I'm planning on getting a hold of the story myself, different version of it and putting what lines up together. As much as I'd love to go by the word of these websites all of you know that it's good to look out for more than one and also to source. If I forget to source anything, ever, tell me, I'll deal with it right away. 

The Lost Continent Atlantis 
http://unmuseum.mus.pa.us/atlantis.htm
Copyright Lee Krystek 1997-2006


  This website starts with a picture of the capitol of Atlantis. So, as I said I want to get a hold of the story myself and find out the truth because generally, all these websites have info that matches but not one of them have said the exact same about Atlantis. Well, I guess that's what I'm here for. 

Plato's Atlantis 

Youtube Video I need to watch that was provided
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2jBG0c-1bs

Book Timaeus
  • Kritias 
    • Story told by Solon (priest) during visit to Egypt
    • Powerful empire located to the west of "Pillars of Hercules" 
    • Location: Atlantis Ocean 
    • Nation established by Poseidon 
    • Fathered five set of twins on island 
"The firstborn, Atlas...." <- Atlas was fathered by Iapetus, he's a Titan. Based on this sentence I want to turn away from this website but none the less I have to keep going. Believe what you want 

  • Cont. 
    • Poseidon divides land into 10 section, ruled by a son 
    • Cap city was the base of advancement 
    • Gold Statue of Poseidon driving six winged horses 
    • People became greedy, destroyed them thru earthquake (how it was lost) 
  Question: Allegory or Reality? 


  • Cont.
    • Aristotle
      • Lost writings on subject

  I will say, I'd agree with the picture of possibilities. There is facts in 'Crete' as I've spoke of in other post. 'Azores' I've never 'heard' of but I've seen pictures. I'll have to look into that. 

*Azores

Location, Location, Location 
  • Azores Islands 
  • Ignatius Donnelly 
    • Historical Fact
    • "Suggest Azores Islands represented highest mountain peaks"
    • "civiltion" "begun with the Atlantians" "had spread out throughout the world" 
    • Established in Egypt and Peru 
    • 'no proof' 
  • Percy Fawcett
    • Location: Brazil
Atlantis in Spain
  • Research Team led by Professor Richard Freund (Have I seen that name before?) 
    • Found evidence along Spain's Coastline 
    • Doñana National Park
    • Geological study
      • Huge bay connected to Atlantic Ocean 
    • Evidence number of Tsunamis swept area over centuries 
    • Freund ^ destroyed the 'city'
    • ^ Tartessos = Atlantis 
  • Other scientist 
    • City 'Tartessos' occupied area 4th century B.C
    • Adolf Schulten 
      • Base of legend: Tartessos 
  The Minoan Connection 
  • K.T.Frost 
    • Believed closer to Greece 
    • Spyridon Marinatos & A.G. Galanopoulos added to his idea
  • Crete 
    • Before 1500 B.C place of Minoan Empire 
      • "Dominated eastern Mediterranean with Navy, extracted tribes from surrounding nations."
      • Minoan Crete 'most' sophisticated culture of its time. 
      • Law: Men and Woman were equal 
        • 'high political status, both cultures were peaceful' 
        • 'enjoyed sport of ritualistic 'bull leaping' 
    • Crete - Santorinas 
      • Several Islands, 2500, single large island, volcano center. Exploded
      •  'most powerful volcano explosion in historical times' 
      • Location: Island of Krakotoa 1883, giant wave/tsunami, 120 ft high. killed 36k people. 
      • ^Santorinas x4 as powerful as Krakatoa 
Overall Review: That was an interesting article. I wouldn't consider it at the top of my sources page but it does get me somewhere. It says there's evidence but it doesn't link to it. I'll have to find that evidence. What I'll try to cover or look into next time. 
  • Allegory or Reality?
    • Aristotle
    • Timaeus
    • Azores Islands
  • Theory 
    • Percy Fawcett 
  • Spain 
    • Tartessos
    • Richard Freud
  • Crete
    • Spyridon Marinatos 
    • Krakatoa (not for this but...) 
    • Minoa Empire 

Youtube Video I need to watch that was provided
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2jBG0c-1bs
-1.600-

Extra Information 

  If you have any books you know of about Atlantis, please! Recommend them to me! I'll be starting school tomorrow so I'll have access to more sources. I also haven't touched our library in a while. This may be hard to believe but this blog actually helps me with my stress. If you have a recommendation comment down below. As always, you can contact me personally to share opinions, links, books, and whatever else. 

  I'll be deciding which topic to look up for next wees post. I have quite a few options. 
  1. Angels and Demons 
  2. Afterlife of Egypt 
  3. Loch Ness 
  4. Witchcraft 
  5. List of Mythical Creatures 
  I'll have to choose this coming weeks but if you guys want me to focus in on something tell me. I'm always up for suggestions. 

  Contact info: 
  Email: Lusterdragon72@gmail.com
  Kik: WingedVice 
  Skype: Lusterdragon72 
  Tumblr: wingedvicefandomgeekdragon.tumblr.com 

  Thanks for reading! As Always! 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment