Friday, February 20, 2015

Week Eight: The Descendant: Keeper of Secrets

 Annabeth shook her head. “Aletheia…” She paused. “You said your father’s dead so a Goddess?”
 Elli nodded.
 “There aren’t many stories about Aletheia but I’m sure there’s something we can dig up.” She assured. “You have the ability to sense lies, right?” She questioned.
 “Yes.” Elli smirked. She hoped she didn’t have to help anyone with the power at this moment, after all she had been through she felt in need of a break.
 “I recommend you try not to use that power here or you might take over my counseling job.” Annabeth smiled and they both laughed. “Sadly though, Tucker and I have some business to attend to, I don’t want to leave you to roam but…”
 Elli tuned her out as she felt a wave of mystery hit her. Turning her attention away from Annabeth, she looked at someone who seemed to disappear and reappear through the crowds of demigods. Looking up, Tucker looked down at Elli. “His name’s Nico de Angelo. Feeling something?”
 Elli shook her head. “He’s seen a lot more than he’s willing to talk about…” She frowned.
 Annabeth raised an eyebrow. “Nico?” She smirked. “Yea, he’s the son of Hades and from the 1930’s. Percy saved him and his sister from the Lotus Hotel in Las Vegas. He’s been in higher spirits lately since talking with Will.” She smiled. “If he sparks your interest you should go talk to him,” She paused. “Here, I’ll call him over.”
 “Nico!” Annabeth exclaimed getting him to turn and face her with an interested look. “Come here!” She exclaimed again making him change his course to meet them.
 Elli blushed. “You didn’t have to…” She muttered. Annabeth shook her head. “If he catches your attention without giving you bad vibes you will definitely get along with him.” She smiled and turned to Nico.
 “Hey,” He said with an unreadable expression. “What’d you need?” He wondered.
 “I need you to show our newest recruit around, can you do that for me?” Annabeth’s smile brightened.
 Nico looked at her in confusion. “Y-you know I don’t do stuff like that.” He muttered.
 Tucker smirked. “Nico.”
 Nico looked up in alert. “Yes?”
 “Elli here feels like a sister to me and she seemed to have noticed you so do me a favor and take a little notice in her too, alright?”
  Nico’s eyes met Elli’s. “You noticed me?”
 Elli shrugged. “What can I say, I have my interesting set of friends.”
 Nico gave a small sigh and then looked at Tucker and Annabeth. “I guess, I’m not doing anything anyway.” He shrugged. “Come on...” He paused and looked at Elli. “Um…”
 “Elli Triad.” Elli said with a shaking hand.
 “Nico de Angelo.” Nico smirked. “Nice to meet someone who’s not afraid of me.”
 “Afraid?” Elli cocked her head and gave a last smile to Annabeth and Tucker as they left.
 “Annabeth told you didn’t she?” Nico questioned, his eyes darkening. “I’m the son of Hades, not everyone looks at me with interest.”
 “I’m the daughter of Alethei or Veritas…” Elli said as they began to walk and suddenly Nico stiffened.
 “The Goddess of Truth?” He asked.
 Elli frowned. If she made him do that, than how would others perceive her? She looked away as she replied. “I guess… That’s what caught my attention about you honestly…” She muttered. “You have quite a history.”
 “I think everyone does.” He said quickly as he looked to his left. “Do you want to check out the Big House first or the Volleyball court?”
 Elli shrugged. “Annabeth and Tucker went that direction.” She pointed towards the huge building that Nico had referred to as the ‘Big House’ so let’s go the opposite direction.”
 Nico nodded. “Do you like sports…?” He asked as they silently walked a few paces.
 Elli shrugged. “I didn’t really have a chance to play sports. If anything, I know how to crochet.” She smirked. “I kind of grew up in police departments after I was adopted to ensure my safety from these stalkers.”
 “Stalkers?” Nico questioned gesturing at the Volleyball court. “If it’s ever an interest to you I’ll try but…” He shrugged. “I’m not a sport person.”
 Elli smiled a small smile. “Don’t worry, I think I’ll live without having to play Volleyball.”
 Nico nodded. “You said crochet. I don’t know much about that but isn’t it like knitting?”
 “Kind of not really.” Elli smirked.
 “Then you’ll like this next building, it’s the Arts and Crafts place.”
 Elli nodded and then looked up at the sky. “Yea…” She sighed. “Stalkers.”
 “If you don’t want to talk about it you don’t have to.” Nico assured. If anyone knew it took time to talk it’d be him. Only recently had he opened up to anyone about anything.
 “No…” Elli shook her head. “I want to talk about it…” She smirked. “I… It’s a new concept for me.” She said with lit up eyes.
 Nico nodded. “I won’t rush you.” He smirked. “Take as long as you need.”
 Elli nodded. “Well. There is one thing I’d like to know.”
 Nico looked at her as they approached the Arts and Crafts building. “Which is?”
 “You may not be lying but you’re holding something back.” She said looking up at Nico. “I don’t want you to tell me, but you’re holding it from Annabeth and you’re not quite sure yourself if what you think is true is true but it is. I can feel it.”
 Nico sucked in a breath. “If it’s that’s you’re talking about then I know something’s different but…” He looked at her in concern. “Don’t tell anyone okay?”
 Elli nodded. “Oh don’t worry.” She grinned. “I can lie all I want and none of you will know.” Nico raised an eyebrow. “It’ll leave a bad taste in my mouth but only I’ll know that I lied.” She smiled. “You’re secret’s safe with me.”
 “And yours, with me.” Nico nodded. “If there’s any you’d like to share anyway.” He shrugged.
 Elli smiled. “I’ll let you know when the time comes. For now, can we stop in here and see if they’ll give me any supplies…” She blushed. “I kind of forgot my crochet at the police station in Missouri when my dad took my out for ice cream.”
 Nico nodded. “Yea, sure. We can do that.”

No comments:

Post a Comment