Sunday, April 12, 2015

II. Week Fifteen: For The Best

  Cloak falling to the ground, the boy snarled. After all this time, he had finally managed to confirm the presence and his master was treating him like this? The next generation of dragons was to arise! He was to have a purpose in life! Why ruin it now?

  Slamming his fist into the wall the boy exclaimed in anger. Sitting on the other side of the room with his arms and legs crossed was his master who sat patiently for the time to pass. He knew the boy wanted to slay this dragon. There was no doubt that the dragon had not been born recently. But if his old sense were still correct he knew there was more than one that had come to the land and that, he couldn't allow his pupil to stumble upon. Dragons were fearless and wanted nothing more than bloodshed. The only time a dragon didn't was in its waking. The moment it awoke fully, there would be no stopping it.

  Huffing heavily,the boy turned to face his master with bruised fist and rage flowing through his veins. He knew his master wouldn't talk unless he calmed down but the man knew why he was angry. How could he? After all these years? Frustrated, the boy turned his back in annoyance.

  "Our conversation shall not happen with eyes." He said simply, opening up the curtains to stare out his window.

  "Of course." His master shrugged. "But tell me. Have you sensed any more dragons since that day?"

  Fumbling with his fingers, the boy shook his head. "No, Sir."

  Nodding, the master stood. Reaching the boy's bed side he smirked. "That is why I cannot allow you to go, Bahram. Need I remind you who you are named after?"

  "He slayed a nameless dragon in India. Though this may be my destiny through my name I have yet to go to India because again..." He clutched his fist. "There are no dragons." He spat.

  Bahram's master shook his head. "I never said that there were none."

  "But you think I can't handle killing my first dragon." He cursed. "Saint George, please!" He growled. "I may be young but now's my chance!" He exclaimed. "Before the dragon is fully developed."

  Saint George shook his head. "Yes, but you do know that you too are also not prepared so you both are at a disadvantage. However, there are peace making dragon slayers who only slay when the dragon has done something wrong. So far, this dragon you have felt has not."

  "How are you so sure about that?"! Bahram gritted his teeth. "I sensed a death." He shook his head. "This one has already murdered."

  Shaking his head, Saint George frowned. "Open up that window of yours, Bahram."

  Doing as was told, Bahram unlatched his window, letting in the resonance of a dragon roar. Holding onto the window pane, Bahram felt his blood boil. Gripping the pane, Bahram shook his head again. "It's on the move." He growled.

  "Your anger clouds your ears." Saint George shook his head. "Listen and when you hear it. Tell me." He sighed, turning towards the door.

  "Wait." Bahram turned in a rush. "Where are you going?"

  "I'll be down stairs, it's light young one. We have yet to have diner." He smirked, closing the door behind him.

  Sighing, Bahram let out a slow breath. Focusing all his attention on his surroundings he listened. As minutes passes, Bahram felt himself losing his judgement. Gasping, Bahram opened his eyes thrusting his first in the air. How did he not notice?! Another dragon. A dragon of the sky. It was also here. Not only that. It was near his dragon. The crying had silenced, and his own blood has calmed. There was another dragon near but he could tell of its skill. If he hadn't concentrated as he did he would have never caught it. Rather, he hadn't until now. There were dragons. No only were they in Europe, they had started to generate all around the world.
--

  Dröfn held Mikey at bay the best she could. Struggling to keep him under control, she began to cry. Feeling the wind rush from above, Dröfn eyed Xeq in a helpless manner. Hearing his command to let Mikey go, she did. Disappearing under the water, she watched in the distance.

Thrashing and roaring, Mikey screamed. The pain was to great, the anger was too much. His blood boiled inside him. Anger wasn't his resort but he couldn't calm down. Seeing Xeq made him even more brutal. Why was he here? What did he want? As if Dröfn wasn't enough.

Shaking his head, Xeq shot at some trees and took them in his claws. Touching Mikey was out of the question. Everywhere he stepped dissolved along with anything he came in contact with. Though Xeq was immortal he still didn't want to risk the test since he hadn't done much fighting since immortality.

Slamming tree trunks into Mikey, he growled. Now that he knew there were dragon slayers about, who knew if there were any in Europe. He hadn't thought of the rise of another war but if Mikey couldn't grab a hold of himself, who knew what he would run into. Xi had told him that not all dragons are civil. His kind especially. Xeq didn't know what to consider his kind but he did know that American dragons didn't exactly exist. He was a sky dragon but now a born again greek. So did he count as an Western or modern dragon? Pushing the contemplation away, Xeq made one aspect clear. Mikey was a Western dragon, a Wyvern. Hostile by history but that didn't mean he had to be that way now. If what Xi said was true then there obviously had to be dragon slayers in Europe. Considering most Eastern dragons were praised so there was hardly any reason for slaying them. Frustrated, Xeq shot out a beam of light at Mikey's footing, making him fall into the hole that he had also assisted with.

Shimmering back to his reflectioned form, Mikey huddled in the dark and quivered in fear. He had never felt so angry in hid life. This sensation was worse than the time he killed the first time. At least then only part of him changed. Holding his knees to his chest Mikey cried in silence. Finally, when he thought he had this dragon side of him tamed, he lost control. Dröfn even tried to help even though he was her slave. Letting the acid seep out of his fingers to trickle down his bare legs he held himself tighter. All but his mask had been dissolved. Thankfully, he wasn't wearing his uniform.

Jumping down into the hole, Xeq sighed in relief in seeing Mikey back in his reflectioned form. Taking off his jacket, he shook his head. Sitting down beside him, Xeq put his arm around Mikey as he wrapped the jacket around him. Vile had done many times before. Smirking, Xeq thought of his breakthroughs. Thankfully since he was a strong flyer he managed to avoid hurting as many people but he too had his list of regrets while changing.

Slipping down into the whole that had been created, Dröfn resurfaced and held some of Mikey's clothes in her arms. Glancing at Xeq for approval and receiving one, Xeq took his arm away from Mikey, making him look up into Dröfn's eyes. Giving a watery smile, she held out his clothes and gavea deep blue blush.

"I don't think we've gone that far yet." She laughed softly.

Astonished, Mikey stared at Dröfn for a moment before looking at Xeq in horror. Grinning, Xeq put up in arms, "I know when I'm not needed." He said putting his hand on one of the sides of the hole to climb out.

"No!" Mikey exclaimed, looking back at Dröfn while blushing as well. "Dröfn, Hey. Could you please?"

Smiling, Dröfn stepped closer, Making Mikey push his back against the walls of the hole that had been made. Frowning, Dröfn crossed her arms. "You should be thanking me for those." She pouted.

Looking away in embarrassment, Mikey continued to blush. "Yes. Thank you. Please. I need to talk to Xeq."

Laughing, Xeq waved from above the hole they made. "You can thank me when you get finished," He shouted. "Now, take your time. I don't mind waiting."

Shocked, Mikey growled. "Xeq!" He exclaimed in anger.

Smiling in joy, Dröfn placed her hand on Mikey's cheek. "Don't worry. I won't go any farther with you." She chuckled, giving him a kiss.

Tensing up, Mikey gripped Dröfn's hand feeling the cool water against his fingers he sighed and held the kiss. Letting go, Dröfn stuck her tongue out and laughed. "Now hurry, it's getting late and you'll be late for dinner."

Watching her dissolve, Mikey smirked. Dripping away the dirt he had managed to collect on his body. He put on the clothes that Dröfn had retrieved for him. Looking over her choice, Mikey smiled. He seriously did not need to get used to this. Setting his hand on the wall, his fingers continued to slip. By the time he had reached the top, he was doused in muck. Laughing, Xeq shook his head. "Looks like you need to work on your climbing skills, Wyvern."

Shrugging, Mikey sighed. "It's almost dinner time, I'm tired. I used up my energy for the day. I don't mind." He smirked.

"Uh!" Dröfn shook her head. "But I do!" She exclaimed. "How could you be so careless?"! She grunted, cleaning him off.

Grinning, Xeq nodded. "Now that, is handy." He chucked to himself.

Looking away as if he didn't know what Xeq meant, Mikey hid a smirk. Glancing from Xeq to Mikey Dröfn crossed her arms. "Now what is this about?" She questioned.

Mikey shrugged. "Wouldn't know." He said giving her kiss and placing his hands in his pockets. "Can I talk to Xeq alone now?" He asked looking into her eyes. "Please?" He said giving her another kiss.

Blushing, Dröfn took a few steps away from Mikey in disbelief. "What have you done with Mikey?"! She exclaimed with wide eyes then disappeared into the dew of the forest.

Confused, Mikey looked over at Xeq. "Okay... I don't know what she's freaking out about but anyways." He grinned. "Thanks, she couldn't have held me like that forever."

"Thank you for throwing trees at me and making me fall into a hole that I contributed too." Xeq nodded. "I think I can dig that."

Squinting his eyes, Mikey took a good look at Xeq. "Oh, you think you're funny aren't you."

"Indeed, you are correct young sir." Grinned Xeq. "And by the way. Your girl there left because you did what she wanted you to do."

"I did what?" Mikey replied in confusion.

"Never mind." Xeq laughed. "When's dinner?"

Glancing down for his watch, Mikey grunted. "Looks like I need a new phone and mp3...." He muttered. "Again."

Xeq laughed. "It's alright." He smirked. "You can have my watch. I can always get another one."

Watching him take the silver watch off, Mikey shook his head. "I can't." Mikey frowned. "That's too valuable."

Nodding, Xeq held it out. "Oh yea, I know. But it's special. Don't worry. Like I said, I can always get another one."

Smirking, Mikey nodded. "Alright then." He frowned. "What happened to me today." Mikey asked, feeling the weight of the question in his voice.

"You're changing." Xeq smiled. "We all go through the change, Mikey. Don't worry, me and Vile and your new girlfriend will take care of you."

"Right." Mikey nodded. "My girlfriend." He shook his head. "I don't know." He shrugged. "I guess that's what she is. I mean, I'm going to be working for her sisters and then her mother."

"Working?" Xeq smiled. "Looks like you have a couple of years ahead of you."

"A couple?" Mikey laughed loudly. "Oh yea... I sure do."

Glancing at his clock, Xeq sighed. "I need to hit off in the morning, we should head back to your place."

Mikey nodded. "But wait." He frowned. "Tell me something."

"We have a couple of minutes before we get out of this forest." Xeq nodded. "Come on."

Following, Mikey sighed. "Well..." He frowned again. "Do... Dragon Slayers exist?"

Stopping, Xeq turned to Mikey in concern. "Where'd you hear that?"Xeq asked with an eyebrow raised.

"I asked The Goddess of Wisdom." Mikey replied, eyes not leaving Xeq's. "That and Ægir sort of had enough heart to warn Dröfn."

"You talked to Athena?" Xeq said in surprise. "Nice..." He shrugged. "I guess." He smirked. "And hey, at least the old geezer's looking out for you."

Silent, Mikey waited for the uproar. Surprised, he raised an eyebrow.

"Athena?" Mikey replied in a daze. "No! Vör." Mikey corrected.

"Vör?" Xeq questioned. "Oh wait. Wyvern. Wrong mythology." He laughed. "My apologies."

Mikey laughed. "I'm not offended." He smirked. "Besides, she wasn't much help anyway..." He paused and waited for a comment. No receiving one he smirked. "I'll probably regret that later." He grinned. "It was a thought though." Mikey smirked.

Xeq nodded. "They do." Xeq sighed. "And hopefully we won't have to battle again, like they did in 2001."

"2001?" Mikey wondered. "What happened then?"

Shaking his head, Xeq ushered, Mikey to follow. "If you're awake in the morning I'll tell you but I won't wake you up."

Mikey frowned. "At least tell me if I'm in danger." He sighed.

Xeq sighed and shook his head. "Can't say I know the terms here in Europe, mate. But I can say that dragons aren't as welcomed here as they are in China."

"China." Mikey repeated in amusement. "What's it like there?"

Nodding, Xeq smiled. "They have some awesome exotic food that might creep you out. But it's cool." He grinned. "Didn't do much. I got this robe outfit I decided to leave there because it was..." He shook his head. "Not my style." He laughed and Mikey joined in trying to imagine it.

No comments:

Post a Comment