Monday, April 20, 2015

Religion and Mythology

 A friend came up to me about Paganism and Christianity. It lead to me trying to look on the internet. I don’t like looking on the internet for anything over Christianity because as different preachers says different things, the internet can only do worse. From a personal experience I know about God and christianity. I grew up with it. But I know nothing about pagan. When I looked it brought me to the pagan mythology and the christian religion.  


 Now you can only imagine how annoying this was for me because I found the results under the pagan religion and the mythology. So right then and there, this is why I don’t like religion, because are so many options under one roof. I try to take it all in and understand where they’re coming from but in all honestly if I cannot understand it and can’t find someone else to explain it then I don’t care for it.


 Luckily, my friend stepped in and told me (this is a different friend by the way) to not compare religion and mythology because they’re not the same. I knew that. But he helped me make a definition. It’s all about perception.


 People who believed in the Greek Gods thought that ‘God’ from Christianity was a myth.


 Understanding a bit? Because what confused me was the definitions. The denotation of these words don’t change but through perception the connotations do.


 HM.png
Y.png
 So when you look at those you can see that they’re connected. But religion, politics, and mythology are all connected. Other shit is too like architecture.

 I was worried about it when I ran into this and I still don’t know the difference between paganism and christianity but I’m working on that. I don’t believe I’ll do a post though because that’s like asking tell the difference between religions and truthfully. That would be harder for me to go through because then I’d want to do more than paganism but at the same time they’re all different so I hope you all agree with me when I say I’ll leave that to y’all. This is about mythology not about religion. I’m not here to teach you what to believe in. I’m here to help you understand that there are stories and meanings no matter the religion or mythology. Because to me, meanings don’t have a religion. The same as truth and knowledge. They don’t choose sides but perception does.

No comments:

Post a Comment